Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I am gonna be sore tomorrrow

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

Today, I decided I had to get my son's room ready for when he comes home next week. I took apart and moved my queen size bed from the back of the house to the front of the house and put it together. 

Then took my mother's bed (little brother brought it a week ago) and moved it from the front of the house to my bedroom in the back and put it together by myself.

I decided to let my son have the queen size because he is 6'7" tall.

I also washed walls in what will be son's room and took down curtains and put up new curtains for him. I am no way near done with his room, but at least the hard part--the beds are moved so now it's just getting off my duff and getting stuff put away, given away, and trashed.

Whew! At 56, I'm getting too old for moving all this furniture.

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaJane
by Jane on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You should be proud that you can still do all that!  Good job!

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Great job at our age we can feel proud we can still do that.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! You did well! 

gsprofval
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Thank you to all of you. Today is cleaning out some junk and trash and getting some things organized. There is just too much for my little home.

Shlamoof
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Way to go!

gsprofval
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I am making progress. So far about 6 wally world bags of trash out, have a trunk load to go to the thrift store, and have rearranged some things. I am starting to find my bedroom floor. Yes, it was almost totally covered from bringing home things that belonged to my mother.

darci16
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

You are such a good mom for thinking about your son, I'm sure he will appreciate all the hard work getting things together for him when he comes home.

gsprofval
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Thank you, Darci16. He better appreciate his room. He gets out of prison next week and I want him to have  a space of his own this time so he can start to be successful.

He is not going to like my rules, but that's just too bad. I really pray he gets things right this time.

On to more purging. So far the dumpster is half full so I AM getting rid of stuff.

Thanks for the encouragement.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN