Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Ok, so I rent my home, and we plan on moving out probably sooner than later. I dont want to have to paint if I don't have to, but the walls look pretty crappy in here and the pain is not washable. In my kids rooms especially, there have been crayon mishaps and I did wipe it down but you can see faded crayon lines. I tried magic eraser and goo gone and it's still there. Any ideas, or am I stuck painting in order to get my deposit back? :(

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Replies (11-17):
nickygsmommy
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 10:26 AM

I'm in property management - Call management and ask before you do anything!  We don't even use flat paint in our rentals because you basically HAVE to paint whenever someone moves out. Many apartment complexes just plan on having to paint.  USUALLY, flat paint touch-ups will be covered under "normal wear and tear."  If it's not, see if the complex will give you some paint for touch-ups.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 22, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Good advice. Thank you for posting!

Quoting nickygsmommy:

I'm in property management - Call management and ask before you do anything!  We don't even use flat paint in our rentals because you basically HAVE to paint whenever someone moves out. Many apartment complexes just plan on having to paint.  USUALLY, flat paint touch-ups will be covered under "normal wear and tear."  If it's not, see if the complex will give you some paint for touch-ups.

Nutmeg101
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM
Try a dryer sheet. Rub it on the crayon marks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:34 PM

No clue sorry :(

pamk5641
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I wash my walls and the paint is flat.  It's still intact.  I use Windex or Clorox Clean Up or whatever cleaning product I have. 

I wouldn't paint if you are going to be moving.  Normal wear and tear is normal.  The landlord has to prepare the apartment forthe next tenant anyhow after you are out.

connorsmommy120
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I hope you can figure something out.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 4:57 PM

No idea, bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)