Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Do you have a list of things to pack for vacations? on your computer? in a notebook?

Posted by   + Show Post

A friend of mine has to figure out what to pack every year. I've told her she should make a list and have it from year to year- she can always add to it or take items off of it.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Replies (41-44):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM

LOL! Another Virgo like me!

I do the same thing with a master list that I then add or remove things from.

Quoting nickygsmommy:

I do them on my computer. I have a master packing list for regular trips, and one for camping.  Each time we go on a trip, I modify the master list and save it. When we're gone, if I think of something to add, I write it on the list and add it to the master when we get home.  We do several types of camping, too, so it's nice to have everything on one list, and then just erase the ones that don't fit the destination.  It's taken me several years to really reach the point where I feel like I'm not forgetting things.

Like another reply said - I'm a Virgo, so I love my lists...

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Nope. There's no one size fits all for us! I would have to have lists for
Backwoods camping
boat camping
hotel stays
Cabin trips
Ocean vs forest
If its somewhere we can take our bikes or not
The purpose of our trip
How many days...
too many variables!

luvhubandbabys
by Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:31 PM
I just make a new list each time. It's not a big deal. Every trip will be diff so I can't see making a generic list it wouldn't always work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awesomeamylynn
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I think this is a great idea. Before we go camping- which is as often as possable in the summer- I print off a list of things to pack for my SO, my two DDs, and myself. I also have a sperate list for food that we need to pack and one for other odds and ends that we need to bring. It makes packing a lot easier. Also this way,w e are sure not to forget anything.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:44 PM

*nodding*  I agree. I also have a list of foods to buy both here and at the destination.  When we go on trips with other couples, I have a list for them and one for us.

Quoting awesomeamylynn:

I think this is a great idea. Before we go camping- which is as often as possable in the summer- I print off a list of things to pack for my SO, my two DDs, and myself. I also have a sperate list for food that we need to pack and one for other odds and ends that we need to bring. It makes packing a lot easier. Also this way,w e are sure not to forget anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)