Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

i got a cleaning related question. I hope you ladies can help... Plz read.

Posted by   + Show Post
i need to know is dish washing liquid good enough to clean mold out of the craf(the glass part) of the coffe pot? See long story short, dh was helping me clean a couple months ago n he put my coffee pot away for me. And he led me to belive that he'd cleaned the whole thing out. Well what do ya know it wasn't cleaned out. All i got to say is guys don't use their brians half the time... Lol...

If you ladise could help me out i'd really appricate it. I am going to clean the insides of the coffee pot out with vinager and water, like going to run it through the coffee pot a few times then run just water through it a few times but i'm worried about the mold being in the glass thingy of the coffee pot...

Thanks in advance ladies...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM
Replies (11-19):
Kat1127
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quoting wandep:

I think I'd replace it as well.

Well i would but to replace it would cost more money than i have to spare right, i mean if i were to replace the whole thing. i am pretty sure that if i clean it really good it'll be fine... i am getting vinager and bleach to clean the whole thing... and it should be ok after i'm done... i mean i appricate the advice but i can't afford a new one right now...

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I would use vinegar

epilepsymom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM

bleach

Kat1127
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:12 AM
i did just that i washed the glass thingy in bleach and water and i put vinegar through the coffee pot and then water to get the vinager out.... It's all better now...
Thanks guys.

Quoting epilepsymom:

bleach

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mikesmom65270
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Bleach will kill the mold and soap will wash away the residue, no need to replace the pot.

epilepsymom
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Glad it all worked out for you!

Quoting Kat1127:

i did just that i washed the glass thingy in bleach and water and i put vinegar through the coffee pot and then water to get the vinager out.... It's all better now...
Thanks guys.

Quoting epilepsymom:

bleach

LexRi0709
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM
If the caraff is that bad, I would also make a pot of coffee with white vinegar. It will clear out any gunk in th coffee pot as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Jun. 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My sis says efferedent in the furture :)

I personally just run vinegar and scrub with soap and water.  Hopefully you don't run into the mold issue again. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)