Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

ugh

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

So I'm trying to get organized and stay that way but when I'm home from work, like any other Momma that has a willing LO that's a good sleeper, I sleep until I can't or my DD wakes up... then we start the morning routine and before I know it it's nap time for DD and I've lost my umpf for doing anything.... any ideas on how to stay motivated and keep my DD entertained so I can get things in order??? Red Bull just isn't cutting it anymore!!

by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:59 AM
Have you tried to let her help you on some this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dawnnamarie
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 2:17 AM
How old is dd? I bought my 2 y/o a cleaning set at toys r us. A bucket, mop, broom... She helps mommy "clean"!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 28, 2012 at 6:34 PM

((hugs)) It's hard to do things with kids!

MamaJane
by Jane on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Get up, get dressed, eat breakfast.  It's amazing what those 3 things will do.  Stay in your jammies and you will feel like doing nothing all day.

Clean while she eats, naps, sits to play puzzles or color. 

Shlamoof
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Coffee is my motivator.  That's about all I have in the motivation department.  Although sometimes, if I start against my every desire to stay where I am and be comfy... I see that I have made progress and that motivates me. 

LindaClement
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Get help.

A young teen, a cleaning lady, your mom, some friends, another mom with a young child so you can take turns keeping the kids entertained and getting stuff done at each other's houses...

Clear out most of the stuff... it's hard to keep an inventory of 1283 items tidy, but it's easy to keep 17 things neat.

gsprofval
by Member on Jun. 29, 2012 at 6:24 AM

You can also set a timer for 15 minutes and get started. It does help to tackle one small spot and then you are motivated to keep going with frequent breaks.

Yes, let your child help, too. Maybe race to see how many toys can be picked up in 5 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN