Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

making time to clean.

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 4 Replies

my 6 month old son is going through a clingy faze, he doesnt make strange,,, he loves to see and interact with new people. he doesnt like playing by himself pretty much at all. someone has to be within a few feet of him or craddle holding him. or having him in the moby. pretty much 90% of the time... he will nap/sleep longer knowing I am right beside him. if I go to do some cooking or cleaning with in 5 minutes he will fuss. but if I am on cm and he is naping right beside me, he can nap for hrs at a time... I have tried wearing him while i clean. but he is so long, it is so akward and it doesnt get very clean... he buries his face when he is belly down so I dont like the idea of back wearing (plus the moby wrap I have is strechy) I try putting him in his exersauser, infant chair... or even on the floor to "play" but he just gets upset, even if he is in the room with me. df works graveyards so mostly is asleep durning the day and at work at night or up and taking care of ds if he wakess... (this is a new job, he likes the graveyard scheduale becasue thats when he mostly is up anyway...) we would have df clean at night, but cant do very much because our apt noise restriction from 11pm to 7am. just getting really frustrated because our place is getting really messy. I dont know what else to do.... how do you ladies do it? 

how can you do any cleaning if your baby only naps for 5 mins..  :s  :(

by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lillucky8
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Small stints of cleaning, def set him down in a bouncer or swing or whatever you have and do a chore, maybe have some music playing so hes entertained, he will be okay for five min while u do dishes. Dd was the same, she always wanted to be held, i would just do what i could while she was on my hip or wait til dh got home and was able to watch her. I often set her near me so she could see me and told her what we were doing, now she follows me around all day while i get things done :)

She did end up loving the exersaucer and big bouncer thing once she could reach the toys. Now shes a very independent 20mo old.

Like most phases with babies, this too shall pass and things will get easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsallabtthem84
by on Jun. 29, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Great advice!

Quoting lillucky8:

Small stints of cleaning, def set him down in a bouncer or swing or whatever you have and do a chore, maybe have some music playing so hes entertained, he will be okay for five min while u do dishes. Dd was the same, she always wanted to be held, i would just do what i could while she was on my hip or wait til dh got home and was able to watch her. I often set her near me so she could see me and told her what we were doing, now she follows me around all day while i get things done :)

She did end up loving the exersaucer and big bouncer thing once she could reach the toys. Now shes a very independent 20mo old.

nickygsmommy
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I suppose it depends on what is dirty.  You can take him in basically any area of the house with you in a bouncer or highchair while you clean.  If he's fine with you while you're on the computer, I can't see cleaning the toilet being any different.  You can wear him in the moby while mopping/vacuuming (I know from experience) and small little things around the house.

I would try to focus on leaving him in the cradle, exersaucer, etc as long as he will let you.  Do as much as you can in that time.  Once he gets fussy, go snuggle him so he knows you love him.  That way, he can start to get used to the idea of being apart from you gradually.  This is all just a phase that he's going through, and it will get better.  Just do your best for now.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Quoting lillucky8:

Great advice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN