Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

A while back....

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Pam
  • 8 Replies

A while back I mentioned I was going to tackle the playroom/office area and make part of it my sewing room area. I was going to do this while the kids were away at VBS (grandparents church) in Georgia.

Well, here is an update:

I managed to get half of the playroom area which was the toy area all organized!!! It took me about 3 1/2 days to get just the toys gone thru. I also had 3 contractor bags full of broken toys and trash.

The other side of the room was our office area and hubby's computer stuff that he has not used since we have moved here 2 years ago. I managed to pick it up a little and rearrange things so its just not all over the place. He will have to go thru this stuff tho. I am going to move the desk to the middle of the half of room space so that I can put my sewing desk on the wall. I also decluttered the bookcase that was in there and put all of my photo albums/scrapbooks/pictures in it. Also made a space for my knitting stuff. This is on the back wall.

I will try and post pictures next week....the kids were really excited when they came home to see it. I think they were surprised too. They also have played in there and have kept it clean. :)

by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
WackadooMom
by on Jun. 30, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Way to go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Jun. 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Awesome! I'm planning to do a sewing/play room in our new house so I'd love to see yours for inspiration! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darci16
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Looking forward to pictures. And good for the kids keeping it picked up!

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Awesome!

woliung8153
by on Jul. 1, 2012 at 8:53 AM

That is great. I have to get to my kids play room today some time.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 1, 2012 at 2:38 PM

I won't be getting my sewing room till August. We will be going to IKEA then to pick out my desk, chair, and sewing machine. Once we get that all set up I will take a picture for you. I'll tho take pictures and show you how big our playroom area is. My hubby and dad are planning on putting insulation (SP) in the walls and ceiling....the stupid original owners who built this add on didn't put any in! So it gets very HOT in there without the a/c running and very cold in the winter time. :( Sucks big time. At least it is a space that we can use.

Quoting lovemymarine18:

Awesome! I'm planning to do a sewing/play room in our new house so I'd love to see yours for inspiration! :)

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Nice!  And also nice that they are keeping it organized.

MamaJane
by Jane on Jul. 2, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Good job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)