Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Linen closet/study area for the kids...

Posted by   + Show Post

I wish I had a before picture but I don't. I took the top two shelves of my linen closet and put  misc stuff and sheets. The 3rd shelf (empty one) I want to get some plastic containers from the dollar tree to put school supplies in so that they will be handy for the kids. The bottom shelf as you can tell is their study area. I think it turned out great. I am debating taking the doors down and buying curtains from ikea when we go in August to replace the doors.

All in all I am happy with the end results.....

Oh and I also want to get this lamp from IKEA....

and this chair from IKEA....

oh and my curtains I want from IKEA....

VITAMINER VIMPEL Pair of curtains with tie-backs IKEA Shorten to desired length without sewing using iron-on hemming strip.

by on Jul. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM
Replies (31-39):
boshs1andonly
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM

lol after i posted that i realized we grabbed something else on the way out. it's the same idea except it has a couple more slots and its all pink. it won't really hold all her toys either, we buy her too much stuff LOL. dh had to take her for 30 minutes while i did a video chat on tuesday and she came home from target with a new toy. she's such a daddy's girl ;-)

Quoting wandep:

Cute! I don't think that would hold all of dd's stuff animals! LOL

Quoting boshs1andonly:

LOL believe me that was already pushing the budget, i took that out of my grocery money. Here's a pic of what we bought, I like it because it's off the floor so it doesn't take up any extra space. 

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90163262/

Quoting wandep:

Oh man! That is all you bought?? HEHE I would have over spent the budget. I am so glad we don't have one nearby I would be going every day there if I could! LOL Sounds cute what you all bought tho. Corner basket huh? Can you share a picture? That sounds interesting. I need something for the kids stuff animals in their bedroom and that sounds perfect.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

LOL dh's job is five minutes away, we went with him to work yesterday so we stopped by there after we were done. we bought her a new laundry basket (we've been using a diaper box lol) and a corner wall basket for her toys. after pay day i will be buying her more stuff, i know I have an IKEA problem LOL

Quoting wandep:

What all did you get??? We just love IKEA. When we go we spend way too much money and time there since it is 5 or 6 hrs away! LOL

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I love the idea of using a closet this way, there was another post about it a while back and it was gorgeous!  Too bad we don't have an extra closet lol. I love ikea too, we were just there yesterday buying stuff for dd's room. 

CafeMom Tickers
wandep
by on Jul. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Today I added the containers on the second shelf actually found them with red/blue lids and see thru clear bottoms. :) $4.00 at the Dollar Tree. I found my cork board tiles to go on the desk shelf wall 4 for $6.99 at Target. Not too bad...I only used two. :) I'll have to take a picture of everything later. I also found a pen/pencil organizer from Target $2.50 and a dry erase board that was on clearance for .50 cents.

Shlamoof
by on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Awesome! 

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM
I just bought those curtains at once upon a child today for $6. I love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Cool! You got a great deal!! :) They are $29.99 at IKEA.

Quoting Caitlin411:

Flaca43
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Nice! Cute stuff too!

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM
I just finished hanging them. My only complaint is that our rows of flags don't line up. There is a noticeable difference in the two panels.

Quoting wandep:

Quoting Caitlin411:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Jul. 8, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Maybe you could fix it somehow? IDK

Quoting Caitlin411:

I just finished hanging them. My only complaint is that our rows of flags don't line up. There is a noticeable difference in the two panels.

Quoting wandep:

Quoting Caitlin411:

Sewsofun
by on Jul. 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Love the idea and I would DEF take the doors off, it will make it seem less crampedand easier to spread stuff out . I like all of those things but I'm not sure if they all go together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)