Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

microfiber couch?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
  • 26 Replies

we recently bought a sectional which is made out of microfiber and im not sure how to get the stains out or keeping from staining any advice?

by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Member on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM
Look at the tag on your couch and it will tell you what type of micro fiber it is then google it and it will tell you what solvents you and use on it . I had to do that but now I can't remeber what it said. Good luck
addicted2metal
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:38 PM

i cant find the tag :/

addicted2metal
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:39 PM

michiganmom116
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Do the cushion covers come off the cushions? I throw mine right in the washing machine.
michiganmom116
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:44 PM
I've also used a steam cleaner on mine.
addicted2metal
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:45 PM

how much a steam cleaning. i just dont want to get all stained up like our last couch.

Quoting michiganmom116:

michiganmom116
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM
Quoting addicted2metal:

how much a steam cleaning. i just dont want to get all stained up like our last couch.

Quoting michiganmom116:

What I would do is call the store/manufacturer and find out what stain prevention product would work.  I had my set sprayed before they delivered it and I could wipe off most stains with a damp cloth, even ink.

Body oils and grime from dirty hands still managed to work their way into the fabric, so I used a steam cleaner that I own to clean the parts that couldn't be put in the washing machine.

LuvMyBrennaBean
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Ooh, I'd like to know. I have the same couch!

addicted2metal
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:55 PM
I read up a bit on Google they say warm water and dish soap but I'm not to sure. Like certain things show up like milk or anything white

Quoting michiganmom116:

Quoting addicted2metal:

Quoting michiganmom116:

What I would do is call the store/manufacturer and find out what stain prevention product would work.  I had my set sprayed before they delivered it and I could wipe off most stains with a damp cloth, even ink.

Body oils and grime from dirty hands still managed to work their way into the fabric, so I used a steam cleaner that I own to clean the parts that couldn't be put in the washing machine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
addicted2metal
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 6:56 PM
At least I'm not alone

Quoting LuvMyBrennaBean:

Ooh, I'd like to know. I have the same couch!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)