Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I don't know why, but I'd have to dust every day to keep the place dusted

Posted by   + Show Post

If I want the house to look as though I've dusted it, I have to dust every day. By the day after I dust, there is dust on all of the furniture again. Is this normal?

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Replies (21-27):
outgoingmomof2
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Lots of black to show the dust lol. DS loves dusting everything on there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Yes we have central AC and just had the system checked. They specificallly checked the filters and the secondary filter was like new, I don't know about the first filter, but my husband says they told him not to bother with it. I don't open the windows in the bedroom because I am allergic to pollen. Thank you for the ideas, good thoughts.

Quoting nickygsmommy:

Do you open your windows or a screen door often? Do you have central air (A/C) where the air is pulled from the house or a cooler where it's pulled in from outside? If you have an A/C, have you had your ducts checked?

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:30 PM

:) Cute about the dusting.

Quoting outgoingmomof2:

Lots of black to show the dust lol. DS loves dusting everything on there.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:32 PM

It isn't as though dusting is that hard, but I don't understand why it builds up so quickly. I noticed a pile of dust (pile!) on my dresser this morning and cleaned it off, wondering why there was dust there, but I remember that I had the remotes there until last night, and I didn't pick them up to dust in a week. Anyway the remotes are dusted now and the dresser. :(   At one time I had an air cleaner, but it was such a nuisance to clean it, besides it was noisy. And I couldn't tell any difference with my allergies.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I only need to dust once a week except for my TV for some reason, I have to dust my TV 2-3x a week, the TV area gets very dusty

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Hm. I wonder if this is why the area in front of the TV where I had the remotes got so very dusty.  Maybe.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I only need to dust once a week except for my TV for some reason, I have to dust my TV 2-3x a week, the TV area gets very dusty

Janis198
by on Jul. 17, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Mine is the same way. I think it is because I live next to the road.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN