Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Outside chores

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM
  • 10 Replies

What outside chores do you have?

Who does them?

Do you have a schedule or just do as needed?

by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:23 AM

The outside used to be all Tom's realm but now that I have the garden I'm out there a lot.  I do all of the watering now.  He mows (although we haven't mowed since May since it isn't raining there is no grass) He does all maintenance and building (when I need a trellis or another box built) but I do all pick up like his tools and all his trash @@

I water twice a day and check each plant when I water.  I pick up whenever I see the need to straighten.  I let him know when a job needs done.

He used to do 95% of the stuff outside but I like this new system.  I feel more ownership of the yard.

LDavis33
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM

My DH's work schedule has him away from home for 2 weeks, and then home for 1 week.  While he is gone, I try to maintain the yard and gardens as best I can, and I take care of our flock of 50 meat chickens.  We have about 1 1/2 acres to mow and maintain and several vegetable gardens, and I'm 7 months pregnant with a very busy 2 year old at home, so I don't get as much done as I would like.

When DH is home, he does all the yardwork and maintenance.  He mows, weeds and waters the gardens, takes care of the chickens, and cleans up everything I've missed.  I help him out as much as I can of course.

Crazy as it sounds (being from Manitoba), but when I look at all of the yardwork we have to do, sometimes I really miss winter.  The only outside job I have to do in the winter is clear the driveway (and most of the time my neighbors get to it before I get a chance).

Moms_Angels1960
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I have lots of flower beds around the house I tend to all of them, I also keep things picked up outside that the kid or grandkids might drag out. I help weed the garden and water that sometimes. I also will do some of the watering of the yard but then so does my dh.

Eric does almost all of the mowing, he does most of the repairs, He mows once a week,  and works in the garden about daily.

We kind of tend to do things as we see the need he will or I will.

PinkHairMAMA
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Me. I do them all. The boys, 7y and 5y, are getting to the point of helping some. They pick up sticks before I cut grass and help pull weeds. They love helping because it usually results in a small treat, normally an ice pop, and a big hug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Today at 7:22 AM
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Water garden/flowers

ME!

Mornings!

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Today at 7:22 AM
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM

My Son does recycling in garage daily also

MamaJane
by Jane on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Quoting PinkHairMAMA:

Me. I do them all. The boys, 7y and 5y, are getting to the point of helping some. They pick up sticks before I cut grass and help pull weeds. They love helping because it usually results in a small treat, normally an ice pop, and a big hug.

That's the best treat!

CometGirl
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I don't do any outside chores.  My allergies would act up too much if I did any yard work and there is always that slim chance that I could encounter a snake in the yard and then my heart would stop!

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Jul. 16, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Hubby or my dad does the outside chores...mostly just keeping up with the yard.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:11 PM

My husband does everything outside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)