Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Making This House A Home, Part 2

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM
  • 10 Replies

Hi ladies!

I've been working little by little around the house to get things done, but not getting very far.  I spoke with a potential online school yesterday and had forms to fill out, etc, etc.

There is still plenty to do.  We are working on what I call "The Pick Up Process" which means getting everything picked up off of the floor, not including sweeping/scrubbing/mopping.  So today's goal is to get "The Pick Up Process" completed, and move into the cleaning process.  I have a load of laundry to do(I would do more but we only have enough detergent for one load until tomorrow) and plenty of dishes.

I am also going to shop my cupboards and freezers, and make a menu.

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smile357
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

So very cool, keep the motivation up. I've been doing very well with that part. The heat is killing me though. Sounds like you have a really good process going.

I wish I could do the cupboard thing. My husband changes his mind daily and depending on the heat nightly. But he'll also cook it.

wandep
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck girl, sounds like you have a very good plan!

darci16
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It feels good getting started doesn't it?! Just stick with it and do baby steps and it will all come together :)

woliung8153
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay for getting going. I shop my cabinets and freezer to make my menu also then put down what I need from the store. Hope you get the pick up part complete.

gmadiane
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

sounds great!

halfpintpookey
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Hoping for this supposed cold front to come through.  I'm ready for the storm to come and possibly cool us down.  Although the last couple of storms have not helped as far as the heat or humidity :/

LindaClement
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I find an inventory of 'what we already have' in food is SO helpful... to save money, to eat a wider variety of foods, to avoid waste.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds great!

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Good job, sounds good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickygsmommy
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I have a similar thing  - I call it "Tidying"  Basically putting everything away with out doing any actual cleaning.  It's amazing how nice a house can look when it's tidy (even when it's not clean)!

Quoting halfpintpookey:
We are working on what I call "The Pick Up Process" which means getting everything picked up off of the floor, not including sweeping/scrubbing/mopping. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN