Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I need cheap help organizing every room in my house

Posted by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

Here's my problem. i have some serious PROBLEM areas. i know one major one is toys!!!! i have boxed some up.. but i really need to go through and get rid of more. it's getting to the point where it's really ridiculous. this toy box that i have for my boys yeah i dont even want it anymore.. i want to bring it to my FIL's house and just call it good.

paper work.. i just burned a whole bag, but it still accumulates-and get this i even have a mail seperator right next to the door.

the living room desk clutter magnent with just STUFF

our bedroom & laundry room and underneath the stairs COMPLETE dumping ground!!!!! for clothes, and just junk!!!!

we are having a garage sale in august so i plan on packing the garage as full as i can get it to get rid of stuff and even try to make a little money. but in the mean time.. im pregnant on top of trying to get rid of as much stuff as i can and i have no room for this pooor baby that's coming. SO LADIES I NEED YOUR HELP! if you need pictures ask and ill will try to get the problem areas.. but you have to promise not to bash me!

by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JeremysMom
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My advice is to do one room at a time. Take three boxes into the room you are working on- 1 for trash, 1 for yard sale/donation, and 1 for want to keep but doesn't belong in that room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreysmommy123
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM

thank you for the tip ill definetly try that tonight.

Quoting JeremysMom:

My advice is to do one room at a time. Take three boxes into the room you are working on- 1 for trash, 1 for yard sale/donation, and 1 for want to keep but doesn't belong in that room.

LindaClement
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you seen the Flylady stuff? She's got excellent ideas for breaking big jobs into little jobs, and keeping the hot zones clear.

wandep
by on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Flylady is the best! :)

Quoting LindaClement:

Have you seen the Flylady stuff? She's got excellent ideas for breaking big jobs into little jobs, and keeping the hot zones clear.

gsprofval
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Yes, The Flylady way works great!!!

Quoting JeremysMom:

gsprofval
by Member on Jul. 22, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Don't forget to set a timer for 15 minutes and see how much you can get done--it's amazing!

Also, why don't we have a Flylady purple for font colors?

nickygsmommy
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I use this one from "more colors"!  For the OP - Try the FlyLady system - all free.  It's hard to tell people what they should use because everyone's life/home/needs are different.  You can also check out Pinterest for cool ideas

Quoting gsprofval:

Don't forget to set a timer for 15 minutes and see how much you can get done--it's amazing!

Also, why don't we have a Flylady purple for font colors?

Autumn19
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM
well for my sons room i labled everything. He cant read so i printed pictures for what went where. I broke down his toys into seperate places. I have 2 of the plastic dressers with the drawers. 1 for tracks one for cars one for books ect.... I go through it constantly throwing out broken toys cards papers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Autumn19
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM
oh and make a list. I start with the room and the under it all the things that have to be done in that room.
Exp. Kitchen
dishes
sweep/mop
counter
ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I spent several years with a ton of clutter.  I kept saying I was going to have a garage sale, but I never got it organized enough to do it.  Eventually I had to move, and when I did I took an entire moving van full of junk to Goodwill and dropped it off, and then took another van full of junk to the dump.  At first I was upset, because there were a lot of items that were worth a lot so I didn't feel good about just giving away so many items of value, but by the time we got to our new house, I had nothing but the things I needed. 

Right now I have absolutely no clutter.  There's nothing under the beds, the closets are neatly organized with only stuff that I use.  I park in the garage, and we now have a gym section of the garage that we actually use.  Everything else, is GONE.  And you know, I probably could have gotten at least $1,000 for all the stuff if I sold it, but I'm so glad I just loaded it up and got rid of it.  Having my house look like a model home is worth far more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)