Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie here!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hello everyone!  My name is Jessa(30) and mama to Alyssa(10), Autumn(9), Mariah(8), Matthew(8), Blake(6), Laila(3), and Athena is due in September. =)

I am a sahm, and I love to clean and organize! LOL  I don't like clutter, so I've become very creative on keeping my house on track...but I'm always looking for new ideas and creations. 

Aside from that, I enjoy to cook, garden, read, arts and crafts, and I make cakes for birthdays, weddings, and babyshowers on the side.  =)

We just recently moved and had to down-size considerably, so I'm giong nuts trying to figure out where to put everything! 

I look forward to making new friends!!! =)

by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BShip2010
by Brittany on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here, too.  What's it like having 6 kiddos and being pregnant again?!  I have a little girl, Kiara, who will be 3 in September and she is a handful on her own!

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Thank you for the welcome!

I have to say that being pregnant now is much easier than when I had the 3rd and 4th, because they were all so little and dependant on me.  Now my older girls will help me out so much more, and the kids can get their own snacks and etc themselves...so luckily I'm big and pregnant in the summer months-because the school year can be quite crazy with school work, functions, and extra-curricular activites. 

I love your daughter's name!  It was what I wanted for this little one, but my family felt it was too close to my brother-in-laws and cousin's daughter's name.  =/

Quoting BShip2010:

Welcome!  I'm pretty new here, too.  What's it like having 6 kiddos and being pregnant again?!  I have a little girl, Kiara, who will be 3 in September and she is a handful on her own!

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Welcome to the group!

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Welcome to the group! Can I ask why you like cleaning and organizing? It's not something most people like to do.

bloodytears1986
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Welcome! I love the name Autumn. That was one name I had picked out for our DD (she is now almost 4). My husband liked Dawn better though because it is my middle name.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Hi, Jessa! Welcome!  I am looking forward to hearing your advice. :)

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Hehehehe.  =)  I'm just weird I guess.  I don't like clutter, so I have to have things organized.  Plus, with so any kids, it helps me stay sane.  I get through things a lot quicker because I know where everything is.  I can tell you that I was NOT like that as a kid!  You could barley walk in my room. lol

Quoting Caitlin411:

Welcome to the group! Can I ask why you like cleaning and organizing? It's not something most people like to do.

Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM

I love the name Dawn!  It is my youngest daughter's middle name.  =)  Laila Dawn.  What is your daughter's middle name? 

Quoting bloodytears1986:

Welcome! I love the name Autumn. That was one name I had picked out for our DD (she is now almost 4). My husband liked Dawn better though because it is my middle name.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I always feel like I'm weird too because I enjoy it so much. I'm glad there is someone else out there like me! It's funny that you mention it keeping you sane with the kids. Back when I had 1 or 2 I was not on top of things. Now that we have 4 it has changed my whole routine. You have to stay on top of everything or the whole system will start crashing down!

Quoting Emeraldmama7:

Hehehehe.  =)  I'm just weird I guess.  I don't like clutter, so I have to have things organized.  Plus, with so any kids, it helps me stay sane.  I get through things a lot quicker because I know where everything is.  I can tell you that I was NOT like that as a kid!  You could barley walk in my room. lol

Quoting Caitlin411:

MamaJane
by Jane on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)