Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Flylady.net?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM
  • 35 Replies

I saw a fost in here about flylady. I don't want to get all the emails from her, and some of her system doesn't work for me.  As much structure as I'd like to have in my life, it's not always there. No car means I'm on the fly a lot (excuse the pun). I do like some of her lists and tips though.

One of the girls said she uses something on there everyday. I just can't remember what. My memory is also really bad.

by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Here's the basic principles...Your house didn't get dirty in a day so don't expect to clean it in a day.  Baby Steps.  Get up and get dressed (she says to shoes, that doesn't work here because we don't wear shoes in the house) because you are less likely to clean in your jammies.  Go to bed with a clean kitchen.  Work a short time and take a break.

Try check her website, got to 'launch pad' and see what she has.  It's all the info from the emails without all the emails.  Then when you get a moment or it works for you, you can check it.

smile357
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Thank you, now that I see your post it was you who had posted it. And no I don't expect this house to get all done in one day. Some of her ideas are good and some don't fit. The get dressed to shoes doesn't work here either. Depending on night time routine appt and such that changes too. My husbands not exactly top notch at night. 

Thank you soo much

Quoting MamaJane:

Here's the basic principles...Your house didn't get dirty in a day so don't expect to clean it in a day.  Baby Steps.  Get up and get dressed (she says to shoes, that doesn't work here because we don't wear shoes in the house) because you are less likely to clean in your jammies.  Go to bed with a clean kitchen.  Work a short time and take a break.

Try check her website, got to 'launch pad' and see what she has.  It's all the info from the emails without all the emails.  Then when you get a moment or it works for you, you can check it.

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM

No prob!  I'm trying to understand her better because so many use her.  I still don't get everything lol. But I do like going on there and being 'told' what to do for the week.  That's motivating to me.

Quoting smile357:

Thank you, now that I see your post it was you who had posted it. And no I don't expect this house to get all done in one day. Some of her ideas are good and some don't fit. The get dressed to shoes doesn't work here either. Depending on night time routine appt and such that changes too. My husbands not exactly top notch at night. 

Thank you soo much

Quoting MamaJane:

johnny4ever
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 8:16 AM

bump

connorsmommy120
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I tried to ''fly'' once but, the emails that I was getting everyday was ridiculous. 

smile357
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I just did what MamaJane said and you can go in and just click on Launch pad and get the benifits of it without the emails. I'm with you don't like the emails. She has some good ideas and techniques though.

Quoting connorsmommy120:

I tried to ''fly'' once but, the emails that I was getting everyday was ridiculous. 

elasmimi
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 10:02 AM

I couldn't deal with all the e mails either, but I did learn some good habits from her. I swish and swipe, shine my sink, and declutter daily.

BlessednHappy
by on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM
I used to "fly" but now I'm doing the time warp wife cleaning routine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tfor2
by Tiff on Aug. 2, 2012 at 7:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I tried it but to be honest it was overwhelming!

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 2, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Quoting BlessednHappy:

I used to "fly" but now I'm doing the time warp wife cleaning routine

I haven't heard that one.  I might look into that too.  I'd like to give several a try just to be able to give oppinions.  I want to give flying a few months first though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)