Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Organizing

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 22 Replies

I wish i had a fully organized house, like the ones in the magazines. I have 5 kids so this is very hard. I don't know where to even start. I'm not good at thinking of god ideas for storage. I wonder if calling a pro would be a good thing?? 

Any ideas what be appreciated. Thanks!!! 

Kristy momoffive07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Throw out 4/5ths of what you own.

Those magazine shoots do one thing first: take most of what's in the room out (furniture included) and then only put back as much as it takes to make a pretty picture.

smile357
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I've seen anyones house ever look like a magazine picture. With 5 kids you'd go nuts trying to get it that way. You just have to really dicide what you use and don't use and what you need and don't need.

momoffive07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quoting smile357:

I don't think I've seen anyones house ever look like a magazine picture. With 5 kids you'd go nuts trying to get it that way. You just have to really dicide what you use and don't use and what you need and don't need.

I am going nuts, lol  I just am trying to figure out a system. Sure you might think by now I should have one, which for some things i do but somethings i guess there may never be order until they are much older. 

Kristy momoffive07
momoffive07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting LindaClement:

Throw out 4/5ths of what you own.

Those magazine shoots do one thing first: take most of what's in the room out (furniture included) and then only put back as much as it takes to make a pretty picture.

I am on the path of decluttering everything getting rid of all extra stuff. School starts soon, I'm a mom on a mission. All kids will be in school all day this year.  OMG!!! the time I will have.

Kristy momoffive07
NikkiB724
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

My best advice would be to go through your rooms..starting with the smallest...and start decluttering!!

alissaplusthree
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The ones in magazines are airbrushed and photoshopped LOL!!!!!

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I grew up with 4 siblings, and Mom and Dad's place was small, but not messy.  Looking back, I think it was because toys stayed in the bedrooms, and they were picked up before bed.

momoffive07
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Quoting Bmat:

I grew up with 4 siblings, and Mom and Dad's place was small, but not messy.  Looking back, I think it was because toys stayed in the bedrooms, and they were picked up before bed.

what about things like shoes, coats backpacks.ect... 

Kristy momoffive07
Tfor2
by Tiff on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

I tell myself I am pretty well organized yet really I am not. I have also been thinking of calling someone.

gmadiane
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty organized but i am bitg on if you dont need it donate it or toss it out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)