Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Packing for a vacation

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 19 Replies

I love making lists, and I love making plans for vacation, and collecting things bit by bit for the vacation. But this means I usually end up with boxes and bags of things in the kitchen for several weeks before the vacation.

edit:I forgot to mention that I am talking about a driving vacation to the beach, so I'll pack some foods and linens, etc.

How do you handle vacation packing?

by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Pam on Aug. 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I usually make a list and pack away! I hate coming home afterwards tho and washing all the dirty clothes! LOL

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:01 PM
Same as you but in my bedroom lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I think about how many days I will be gone, and have an outfit for each day, and double the undies.  Try to limit on shoes because they are so bulky, and my PJ's.  I may not be understanding the question right because I am not sure why you woul have boxes for a vacation in the kitchen?  I make a list for packing, and kind of run down it.  Sometimes I add more as I go. 

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I do that too but I only pack ahead what I can keep out of the way.  Normally in my bedroom.

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 3, 2012 at 10:28 PM

When we go camping I have to make lists for several rooms and a big one is the kitchen. 

Nutmeg101
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 7:13 AM
I pack the day before. Usually with no list. I rarely forget anything- but I do frequently "over prepare" in terms of wardrobe- what if it's hot- what if it's cold-
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tfor2
by Tiff on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I make a list and then if i have to pick things up here and there then they go directly into the suitcase and then I straighten it all out on the final pack.

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

The garage is near the kitchen, so I pack things in there (not clothes) so it is one trip. I am talking about a driving vacation, I should have mentioned.

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I think about how many days I will be gone, and have an outfit for each day, and double the undies.  Try to limit on shoes because they are so bulky, and my PJ's.  I may not be understanding the question right because I am not sure why you woul have boxes for a vacation in the kitchen?  I make a list for packing, and kind of run down it.  Sometimes I add more as I go. 

gmadiane
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM

I make lists also but I dont pack that far in advance

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

A friend of mine doesn't make lists. I suggested that she should make a master list and have it on her computer to print out when she goes on vacations, but she doesn't want to.

Quoting gmadiane:

I make lists also but I dont pack that far in advance

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)