Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Mud on my daughter's church clothes, need some stain treating help!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
  • 17 Replies

This was her FIRST time wearing this dress, it was a larger dress, was hoping to have it last her for the next year and I'm just SO frustrated with my husband! It was raining but instead of thinking and taking the bus, he walks with the girls to church and when he walks, my older daughter bikes. After church, she of course, being six and a half, goes biking into the puddles and manages to mess up her dress. Money wise, I didn't spend much on it, thankfully but the time and effort I take just to find clothes for her for church when I don't even go with them to church, it's just frustrating that he doesn't make an effort to make sure that their clothes don't come back from church in horrible shape. I have the same issues with the little one's clothes only it's because they have lunch at church and he just brings them back with their clothes totally messed up. So, could use some stain treating suggestions here because I'm about to bang my head into a wall and tell my husband to get the dang clothes himself or have the church women do it and THEY can be the ones to wash the clothes too because I'm getting tired of the time and effort I put into making sure their clothes are nice and clean for church services I don't even attend!

Janeen

Wife to John since 2003, Mom to Natalie (6), and Isabelle born July 20, 2010.

by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 8:59 AM

bump

kksmomma1019
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
My oldest son plays sports and gotten plenty of grass, mud and dirt stains on his uniforms. I use bleach on his whites and oxiclean gel(it comes in a tube) on the colored stuff. It's always worked great.
Moms_Angels1960
Do you ever just get tired of crap? I know I am feeling that way lately.
Thursday at 6:52 PM
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:56 AM

How to Get Mud Stains Out of Clothes

M.H. Dyer is a longtime writer, editor and proofreader. She has been a contributor to the "East-Oregonian Newspaper" and "See Jane Run" magazine, and is author of a memoir, "The Tumbleweed Chronicles, a Sideways Look at Life." She holds an Master of Fine Arts from National University, San Diego.

By M.H. Dyer, eHow Contributor

All parents know that a good mud puddle is a hard thing to resist. Unfortunately, the mud stains that can result can be stubborn and difficult to remove from clothing, but there are ways to return the affected garment to normal. Be sure that the mud stain is removed before you put the garment in the dryer, or it will set in and be even more difficult to deal with.

Things You'll Need

• Laundry detergent
  • Small bowl
  • Ammonia
  • Rubbing alcohol (optional)
Show (1) More

Instructions

Allow the mud to dry completely before you attempt to remove the mud stain. Once the mud has dried, brush it off with a soft brush.

Put some laundry detergent in a bowl, and add a few drops of ammonia. Stir in enough water to make a thick paste. Rub the paste into the mud stain and let it sit for 10 minutes. If your laundry detergent has bleach, omit the ammonia.

Wash the garment in warm water, and check immediately to see if the stain is gone. If not, pour rubbing alcohol through the stain, and rinse the garment with cool water.

Moms_Angels1960
Do you ever just get tired of crap? I know I am feeling that way lately.
Thursday at 6:52 PM
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Here are lots of stain removal tips.

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/stainremoval/Stain_Removal_Ideas_and_Tips.htm

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Aug. 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM
On Easter my daughter wore her dress on her bike and by the end of her ride the white dress was black from rubbing on the wheel. Oxiclean and sun work wonders on stains.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:41 PM

No clue sorry!

Simply_Janeen
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Looks like most of it came out with the dish soap I used, hoping that stain treating it with the Shout gel will take care of the rest of it. Just gets frustrating the amount of time I put into stain treating their church clothes, really wish DH would do it when he's the one who is taking them to church, not me.

onefootcutiepie
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Uh. This whole thing is weird.

My2boys0523
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Shout the spray, not the gel, seems to work wonders in my house.. I have 3 yr old twin boys; so, you know how THAT goes LOL. And if you have grease stains, dawn dishsoap works as well.

My2boys0523
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quoting onefootcutiepie:

Uh. This whole thing is weird.

Why comment then? move along...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)