Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

laundry room....help!

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
  • 17 Replies
If I had to pick my most unorganized room it would definitely be my laundry room. I just can not seem to get it organized. What are some things you do to help your laundry room be more organized and clutter free:-D
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nutmeg101
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM
I don't have a laundry "room" but we have a shelf over the washer/dryer for detergent and my big jug of vinegar. The tips of both machines tend to collect things in my house. I have to clean them periodically.

What sorts of challenges do you have? That might give everyone an idea of how to help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I bought a book shelf type thing that I have by the back door that holds all of our shoes. I also have cupboards over the washer & dryer.That holds all of my cleaning supplies,etc.

What kinds of things are you needing help with?

proudmommy03457
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Well I don't have alot of closet space. So I also use my laundry room to store my confounders,sheets,pillow cases,etc..and my table cloths and center pieces for fall,winter,etc. My Christmas items..baby items that i just can't part with. just can't seem to get it all organized the top of my drier gets pilled up..like i said it is the most unorganized room in my house. I only have one "shelf" the is right above the washer and drier.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

I bought a book shelf type thing that I have by the back door that holds all of our shoes. I also have cupboards over the washer & dryer.That holds all of my cleaning supplies,etc.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quoting proudmommy03457:

Well I don't have alot of closet space. So I also use my laundry room to store my confounders,sheets,pillow cases,etc..and my table cloths and center pieces for fall,winter,etc. My Christmas items..baby items that i just can't part with. just can't seem to get it all organized the top of my drier gets pilled up..like i said it is the most unorganized room in my house. I only have one "shelf" the is right above the washer and drier.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Can you get one of those large stand up closets to store all of that in?

gmadiane
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:18 AM

shelves and baskets

socalmommy13
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM
I try..but it always gets crazy... I fix it twice a month ...
Emeraldmama7
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I only have a large closet type laundry room.  But I do keep extra linens, sewing stuff, humidifiers, etc in there.  I just had hubby put in another shelf for me.  I used to think that a closet laundry sucked...until I realized that it forces me to keep up with the laundry.  LOL  Are you able to put more shelves in? 

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM

My laundry room is the least organized in my house.

connorsmommy120
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My laundry room is a mess right now, well not the whole thing just the top of my dryer...ugh

ilovemykids732
by Stephy on Aug. 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I am no help, I have my whole basement as a laundry room, and its super organized by the washer and dryer... sorry dear, here is a bump!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)