Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

natural cleaning mixture for shower/tub/toilet?

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
  • 9 Replies

Im tired of cleaning with the stuff that burns my nose for like an hour after im done cleaning.  any tips please?

by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
marie2409
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Supposedly the Dawn and white vinegar works wonders in the shower. It also will supposedly unclog a toilet so I guess it would clean it. Dawn is known to clean all kinds of stuff, ask pinterest. Or google. You can even kill fleas and make reusable ice packs with it. I just bought some this weekend, haven't tried any of it yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nutmeg101
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:25 PM
Tub/shower- 1/4 cup dish soap (it doesn't matter if it's dawn or not- I have used others and it works great) mixed with about a cup of vinegar- the rest water- spray it on- let it sit for a few minutes and wipe off. It works.

Toilets- dump in 1/2 cup- cup of vinegar- let it set for a few minutes- run the brush around - voila. Also- I use old shampoo, liquid soaps that I don't like using on my body (usually gifts from people who don't know me well enough) - squirt it in- run the brush through- and flush.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Aug. 6, 2012 at 8:27 PM
I always use vinegar and water to clean with.
MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 6, 2012 at 9:22 PM

You don't really need any fancy mix.  baking soda and some water to make a paste is a good scrubbing agent and vinegar and water in a 50/50 solution will clean and disinfect everything else.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Baking soda

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Gotta try the dish shop, vinegar and water on my bathtubs. Haven't yet.

I tried toothpaste on doors to get rid of dirt marks....I used an old toothbrush to scrub with. It worked wonders!

wandep
by Pam on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Oh and toothpaste is suppose to work on walls too. Haven't tried that yet.

RADmomma
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I just use a spray bottle with vinegar to wet the walls... wait a few and then scrub with a little water & baking soda paste... works great...

(DH works on old cars... so he is filthy and my shower looks horrible when he gets out... I scrub once a week and its great.)

Moms_Angels1960
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Tub and Shower Magic By Bobbin Added August 04, 2010 | Recipe  < 15 mins For 1 or 2 5 ingredients or less More  | Read 66 Reviews Total Time: Prep Time: Cook Time: 5 mins 5 mins 0 mins ... Serves: 1Yield: 3 cups Units: US | Metric 12 ounces white vinegar 12 ounces liquid, blue dawn detergent Directions: 1 Heat vinegar in microwave until hot and pour into squirt bottle. 2 Add the Dawn soap. Put the lid on and gently shake to incorporate. 3 You now have a powerful cleaning product that will melt soap scum and tub and shower buildup, clean sinks, appliances and just about anything. Just spray it on, scrub, rinse and be amazed. For tough soap scum build-up, spray the mixture on and allow it to sit as long as overnight. Then, scrub and rinse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)