Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

I am collecting things for the beach

Posted by   + Show Post

I have soaps, linens, etc. Is there anything that you found fun or helpful that I should be sure to pack?

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM
Replies (21-26):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I forgot this on my list! Thank you!

Quoting erienne06:

Camera and extra batteries

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I found the neat sheet at Amazon, and it looks intriguing, but a bit pricey.

Quoting Refurbished:

I had a blanket called a "Neat Sheet".  I can't find one anywhere now.  It was a blanket made of this fabric that beaded up when it got wet, and you could shake the sand off it easily.  LOVED that thing.  I own everything imaginable for the beach because we live close, but we generally take towels, sunblock, an umbrella, chairs, an ice chest full of soda and boogie boards.  The rest of the stuff we have is usually optional and half the time gets left in the trunk.

Refurbished
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Wow, that's way overpriced.  I paid about $10 for it at Wal-Mart about 5 years ago, and it lasted until last year.  When we came home, I put it in the washing machine, but not the dryer.  I believe the fabric has plastic in it, so it can't go in the dryer.  It finally just started to break down and tear, but it took a lot of abuse before it did.  I looked for it again at Wal-Mart and Target and couldn't find it.  I wish they still carried it. 

Quoting Bmat:

I found the neat sheet at Amazon, and it looks intriguing, but a bit pricey.

Quoting Refurbished:

I had a blanket called a "Neat Sheet".  I can't find one anywhere now.  It was a blanket made of this fabric that beaded up when it got wet, and you could shake the sand off it easily.  LOVED that thing.  I own everything imaginable for the beach because we live close, but we generally take towels, sunblock, an umbrella, chairs, an ice chest full of soda and boogie boards.  The rest of the stuff we have is usually optional and half the time gets left in the trunk.

Clubpenguin
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM
I make lists in parts like bathroom and then list toothpaste soap etc. Then I list beach: bathing suits,towels. Then list household stuff: dishwashing liquid, coffee filters. Then: car stuff movies,crayons,snacks.
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

This is what I should do but haven't been organized enough. I need to redo my list and make it by parts. Thank you for the suggestion.

Quoting Clubpenguin:

I make lists in parts like bathroom and then list toothpaste soap etc. Then I list beach: bathing suits,towels. Then list household stuff: dishwashing liquid, coffee filters. Then: car stuff movies,crayons,snacks.

janitablue
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I love these products from avon.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/AVON-SKIN-SO-SOFT-BUG-GUARD-SUNSCREEN-INSECT-REPELLENT-U-CHOOSE-PRODUCT-/00/s/Mzk1WDYwMA==/$(KGrHqNHJEQE88dEzBgpBPjf9gscj!~~60_3.JPG

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN