Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Ideas on cleaning beige couches?

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have white couches  that i am able to clean with a bleach solution, but I also have beige couches that I can't seem to get clean!!!  I clean the cushion covers in the washing machine and they come out great, but I can't seem to get the arms clean.  When I clean a spot it seems to leave more water marks on it.  I think it's because of the type of material.  I am soooo fed up with these darn couches!!!

edited to add:  the arms stay wet for over a day when I clean the arms.  The water just seems to soak in and not want to come out.  Any ideas on how to get it to dry faster too? 

by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:12 PM
Try a fan blowing on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I use the rug doctor rental thing from Home Depot to clean my couches and stuff.

darci16
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Not sure about what to do, but I think I would invest in some slip covers for the couch that are washable. Or if you sew you can make the covers that go over the arms, I know that style is from a long time ago but it would cover the water stains :)

Emeraldmama7
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I am seriously considering the slip covers.  Since these are the couches we use to watch tv, it's just a pain when everything is wet.  It would be so much easier to just undress the couch, throw it in the wash and redress it.  I just need to find a matching fabric for the pillows that are the back of the couch...since it isn't all one piece. 

Quoting darci16:

Not sure about what to do, but I think I would invest in some slip covers for the couch that are washable. Or if you sew you can make the covers that go over the arms, I know that style is from a long time ago but it would cover the water stains :)

wandep
by Platinum Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

That is a great idea! LOL

Quoting darci16:

blondepegasus
by Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:05 PM
This is exactly why I own leather couches. They are so easy to just wipe off! When I did own fabric couches years ago, I invested in a small handheld steam cleaner. It sucked the excess water out and left them only damp, then they air dried in about an hour. It cost between 50 and 75.00.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM
An apulstry (sp) needle and a new cover for the arms, walla, no more stain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN