Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Small Area/Organizing?? HELP!

Posted by   + Show Post
So, I have a very small computer area that is our catch all area. It is connected to our living room and is visible as soon as you walk into the front door so it is embarrassing because it always gets so cluttered!! Any tips on organizing and KEEPING it that way? I have 2 boys ages 7 and 20 months and a DH who at times I swear has on blinders because it doesn't bother him AT ALL!! I'm horrible with closets, every closet I have is cluttered but that's easy enough to close the door to it. HELP! I'm a SAHM and always get the energy to clean this area but when it comes time to do it I quit before I start because there's just so much to it!

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
Momof2almost
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM
Quoting wandep:

Can you take a picture to show us?

I would love to but for some reason the "Cafemom" won't let me use extra texts, like different color font or adding photos. I don't know why?

CafeMom Tickers

Momof2almost
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Quoting hplesha:

What about a filing cabinet??

Sorry took so long to reply, lol! I actually have 2 filing cabinets b/c we have a TOOOOOONNNNN of papers and they are all filed neatly believe it or not.

CafeMom Tickers

Momof2almost
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Quoting MamaJane:

I do love the arts and crafts pic! My oldest is in 2nd grade and he's got so much art supplies that i've just been **hangs head in shame** piling it all up in the corner.

CafeMom Tickers

3.ang3ls
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I love all the pictures you posted.  I was going to suggest the same thing.  When you have small spaces the professionals always tell you to work with your vertical spaces.  I would guess you could find a lot of cute ideas on Pinterest, too :)

Quoting MamaJane:

Momof2almost
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:34 PM
Quoting 3.ang3ls:

Oohh, Pinterest! I had not even thought about looking there. I am a member on it but haven't been on it a while, Thanks! Yeah all of the rooms in my home are quite large EXCEPT for the computer room b/c it also has a wood burning stove that sits on brick that takes up half the room so it has made the "workable space" very tiny.

CafeMom Tickers

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Oh!  a great idea for that is an over the door she holder.  just take the over the door brackets off and mount it to the wall.

I do love the arts and crafts pic! My oldest is in 2nd grade and he's got so much art supplies that i've just been **hangs head in shame** piling it all up in the corner.

MamaJane
by Jane on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Audreysmommy123
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:01 PM

um can you maybe take a picture it would be easier that way to see what to help you with.

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Baskets!

Momof2almost
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Quoting Audreysmommy123:

um can you maybe take a picture it would be easier that way to see what to help you with.

I would but my "Reply Font" on Cafemom is messed up so I am unable to post any pics. : (

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)