Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Car maintenance

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM
  • 18 Replies

Porsche just freaking cut one of my van's seat belts with her school scissors while she was out playing.  That just adds to the list of things needing done before my already overdue inspection gets renewed.  I MAY be very very livid right now.  I have NO idea how it is that I am holding my composure.

She is grounded from crafts and outside play for the foreseeable future and grounded from going next door for a week.  This week will be HELL.

Anything need fixing on your car?  Who does your car maintenance?

by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:44 PM

No, nothing needs fixing. But it could use a cleaning.

ballerina.2006
by Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:49 PM
Dh does 90% of the maintenance. E works for a dealership so we get parts for cheap and he used to be a mechanic.

Currently my knob unit for my fan needs replaced (wires are loose so I have to hit the knob to get it to connect and turn the fan on). I also am in desperate need of an oil change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Hubby takes care of it all
Mry
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Awe I'm fixing the car next weekend! I'm taking it out to my dads for some much needed daughter Daddy and grand baby time lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Pam on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Dang! Sorry. :( No, usally my daddy keeps up with that on my van. Hubby takes care of his car. It gives my dad something to do. He used to have his own business in automotive and then he taught it in college.

Shlamoof
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I might mention here, that I meant the week would be hell for ME, lol.  That came out wrong in the post.  It will be hell for me because she is grounded and I will pay for it.

ilovecandy
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM

i do everything involving the cars

DH's car was involved in a hit and run last week. so its been in the shop getting the lovely damage taken care off and were out 500bucks because some loser booked it. his car needs power steering flush and fuel injection cleaning on top of oil change, tire rotation and a smog that is due.

my car could benefit from an oil change

darci16
by Silver Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:58 PM

For oil changes I take it to a place called Terribles here every 3 thousand miles. Dh does the major stuff, which has only been 2 or 3 things in the 11 years that we've had it. So knock on wood for us :)

woliung8153
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 4:00 AM
Our blazer needs so much work done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM

My husband takes care of all of that, thank goodness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)