Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Weekend vs Weeks

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

Are there different tasks for cleaning or organizing you rather wait until the weekend to do them, and won't do them during the week?

by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:13 AM
I prefer to get stuff done during the week so we can do family things on the weekend. But it is nearly impossible to vacuum with my babies, so that happens on the weekend for now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emeraldmama7
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I do more heavy cleaning during the week during the school year, just because it's easier to do with 5 less kids.  In the summer though, the kids all pitch in and we do our heavy cleaning mostly on Fridays.  We usually have company during the weekends, so not too much goes on because of that.

Jessa, mama to:  Alyssa, Autumn, Mariah, Matthew, Blake, Laila & Athena edd 9/21

mbenit4
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM
I do one room a day so there isn't much to do on weekends other than that and a couple of loads of clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sewsofun
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:31 AM
Were still kind of figuring that out. My oldest just started kindergarten so we don't really have a school year system yet. Hes not going full day yet, I'm guessing once he is I will have a little more time during the day to get things done. Right now cleaning has taken a backseat to clearing the clutter so we can function. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will become a little easier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epilepsymom
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 10:35 AM

If my dd is at school I will focus on cleaning during the week.. However when she is on homebound or vacations then cleaning gets done on the weekends cause our weeks are usually busy

3.ang3ls
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I do almost all my cleaning on the weekends. I just do try to keep stuff put away duringthe week. I work too much during the week to get cleaning done.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I do the most during the week and weekend is about family time

toomanypoodles
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 5:18 AM

The sheets get changed on Saturday and any chores that hubby needs to do, otherwise I do it all every day. 

Shlamoof
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Nope, each day is equally busy while I am awake, so any day is just as good as any other.

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I try to do the little things or the things that won't take me so long during the week because I work, and sometimes just don't have the full energy to clean.  So I wait to do more on the weekends, but I also like to clean when no one is home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)