Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Super Wash Balls Laundry Cleaners

Posted by   + Show Post

Has anybody tried those "Super Wash Balls" for laundry...supposedly you put them in with your wash and without using chemicals they clean your clothes and can be used about 1000 times...just wondering if what they claim is close to being true. If so it would be great for the environment and my pocket book!

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-14):
MountainMammy
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I like the powder, you just have to let it disolve some in the water before adding the clothes...just like you do with a store bought powder. 

Begin each day with a grateful heart...♥  simple smile

Simply_Janeen
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Have you thought of trying to reuse an old laundry soap container? Might help. :-)

Have not heard of the thing you are talking about but have heard of soap nuts which are actually grown on trees and soap up in the wash. Haven't tried those either though.

Quoting MamaJane:

Quoting MountainMammy:

When you make your own soap do you make liquid or powder? I've made the powder but have never attempted the liquid. 

What are wool dryer balls? That sounds interesting!

I've done the liquid and was going to try the powdered next  I don't like the liquid.  It does fine on the clothes but when you pour it, it goes everywhere and then drips down the jug.  Then it dries and flakes off. :/

sunshinepraying
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I've never heard of them

Marz31
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:06 AM

wool dryer balls are felted balls of wool (LOL) that you use in the dryer to help soften the clothes and dry them faster without using chemicals. usually 4-6 per load can cut down drying time by quite a bit, they kinda beat the water out of the clothes. easy to make too ;)

I haven't heard of the washer balls, but now I'm curious!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)