Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Whats your $$$ situation??

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
  • 49 Replies

DH and I have been talking about the country and politics and blah blah blah it led to a conversation about how much the average household earns.... take home $$

So how much do you bring in a month ? after taxes and all that stuff and what occupation do you have ?

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluetick
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I'll go first.... I own my own company so it varies by week/month/season   a bad month would be 0 lol a good month would be anywhere from 4000 to 28000 but please keep in mind we have very stressful jobs and seriously earn it

shesliketx
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:45 PM
My husband is in the army.

Including our housing allotment, we bring in about 3200 a month.

Last year he made a tiny bit over 26k. I'm a stay at home mom and recently a full time student.

We have a mortgage, 1 vehicle, and live within our means, but we have had some months where we needed to use a cc for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Mine is a Marine, ours is slightly lower than that, around 2600 a month. I stay home, but we make it work.

Quoting shesliketx:

Last year he made a tiny bit over 26k. I'm a stay at home mom and recently a full time student.

We have a mortgage, 1 vehicle, and live within our means, but we have had some months where we needed to use a cc for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM
We live comfortably. I am a teacher/ grad student and husband is a network engineer. Our finances are private. Our family does not even know how much we make a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shesliketx
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM
We've been there. You just learn to make it work, you know?

I don't work because we have one car. So I do what I can to go to school right now, and get my 3 yr old to preschool. Sometimes that means getting up at 4 in the morning.

We all make our sacrifices and I'm glad that my family has. Made us appreciate where we are versus where we have been kwim?

Quoting lovemymarine18:

Mine is a Marine, ours is slightly lower than that, around 2600 a month. I stay home, but we make it work.

Quoting shesliketx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM
Improving. My husband just got a great new job that increased his pay by 40%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessedmom1978
by Vanessa on Sep. 26, 2012 at 12:17 AM

My DH recently started his own business and it is a little slow running right now. I work full time at an office. Our income was cut in half from last year when DH worked full time. We are trying to adjust and make ends meats

Sisteract
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:30 AM

My husband is a Corp Exec- he is fairly compensated.

I work PT as a nurse- I defer most of my income (85% is the limit).

LindaClement
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:33 AM

I work sporatically from home (little of this, lots of that --some seasonal) so we don't really count my income.

Dh makes a little under $90k --he's an electrician in the navy.

LindaClement
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 1:35 AM
3 moms liked this

Almost everyone I know has what they think of as stressful jobs where they definitely earn their pay...

Quoting Bluetick:

I'll go first.... I own my own company so it varies by week/month/season   a bad month would be 0 lol a good month would be anywhere from 4000 to 28000 but please keep in mind we have very stressful jobs and seriously earn it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN