Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get the inspiration?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am new to this group and I was curious how you get the inspiration or push to clean or organize?

I am a work at home mom and I have a 3 1/2 year old and a 15 month old plus a puppy. I get so overwhelmed! I have a list to do then I get overwhelmed and zone out instead. How do you ladies get things done?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Im slightly ocd. Lol! So i have to do at least something everyday. My bed is made daily the minute DH gets up and i hate dishes in the sink so i always get them done even if nothing else (like today!)

But also, i will clean anytime i can. Like if im watching tv and notice the entertainment thing is dusty ill dust it quick. When kids r in bath ill clean bathroom.....you get the idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crzymmy5
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I keep a list in my daily calendar notebook ~ I leave it on my counter all day so I can cross off the things as I accomplish them.

*I have to say though ~ cleaning, organizing and decorating are just passions of mine. I LOVE to clean. I think for me it's the instant gratification thing going on LOL 

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM

This is me! I used to struggle when I first became a sahm and trying to stay on top of things but now after 7 years it's second nature to me and I truly enjoy it. 

I would say start a schedule. Once you get a routine down it will be second nature and then the overwhelming bad days will be few and far between. 

Quoting crzymmy5:

I keep a list in my daily calendar notebook ~ I leave it on my counter all day so I can cross off the things as I accomplish them.

*I have to say though ~ cleaning, organizing and decorating are just passions of mine. I LOVE to clean. I think for me it's the instant gratification thing going on LOL 

MamaJane
by Jane on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I work at home as well.  I always thought that meant I couldn't clean during the week.  It doesn't!  The key is the morning routine.

I get up at 6.  I make my bed, go potty, brush my teeth, get dressed, straighten anything in my room, start a load of laundry, wake the boys, wipe the sinks and toilet in bothe upstairs bathrooms.  I then head downstairs and unload the dishwasher.  The boys eat, brush teeth and I get them on the bus, I run up and switch the laundry(by this time it's only 7.  I've done all this and only been up an hour). I then either read the newspaper or any other papers or mail that have accumulated on my hutch over the day before.  My daughter gets up and eats breakfast then I help her straighten her hair.  I then wipe down the downstairs bathroom.  I load any breakfast dishes, wipe any counter or table that needs it, sweep if needed.  It isn't evn 8 am. 

If you spend a few minutes keeping things up every day it makes cleaning a lot easier.  I then have a room I do each day.  It doesn't take more then 30 minutes on those chores.  I've arranged it so I can do all my downstairs chores during the week (I have a small day care) and my upstairs or more extensive chores are still on the weekend.

BellaLoca
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:05 PM

i watch my baby sister and step-daughter throughout the day, and have to get my siblings from school at certain times , and i have to do tons of homework and studying. in between that time i have to distract my sister and SD with activities. I let them paint, play with playdough, color,play doctor or something, if all else fails i put on a dvd of something from disney. kids should watch only 2hours of t.v a day so i try to do my cleaning as much as i can in that time span. OR if i know i have lots of cleaning or organizing the next day to do on my "chore list" i do it the night before :) I stay off the computer and my shows until i put them down for a nap. it's all about time managment. if you dont get to mopping or vacuuming just leave it for tomorrow.  :) i hope this helps. breathe mama breathe =]

Moms_Angels1960
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Do a few things before anyone else gets up. Start in 1 room at a time and set a timer for 15 minutes then clean from 1 corner to the next. Have baskets and boxes for things that don't belong in that room so you can take them out when you leave the room don't take them out when you find them it will only waste precious time.

Also, have a box for donations and 1 to trash things.

When you start getting a handle on all of this and it will take time then start going through stuff and down size we all have way too much stuff and need to get rid of things.

Make sure that you take a break after 15 minutes but set a timer for the break also only 15 minutes.

Limit computer time I know this site is addictive but you can do it and come in here and do the daily cleaning list it will help when you type it out to come back and cross off your to do list.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

HairClipQueen
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
watch hoarders, seriously . . I had my house cleaned in no time flat! LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)