Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Rice and...

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm not sure if this is a cleaning & organizing topic; but it seemed like it could be.

I made 2 batches of rice for a potluck.  I ended up bringing a lot home ith me.  I fixed chicken breasts and mixed vegatables to go with it.  Now, the chicken breasts are all eaten up; however, there is a lot of white rice left.  Are there any suggestions on what kind of meat, casserole, quiche, and/or.... to go with the rice?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wandep
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Check pinterest site out. They have a lot of different recipes.

joanandgene
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:53 AM

If you make soup during the winter you can freeze it in 1/2 cup servings in baggies. Then add it to your soup recipe towards the end since your rice has already been cooked.

Or, you can fry up some onions, garlic, celery and carrots.  Add your cooked rice, scramble an egg right in the pan, add some soy sauce and hot peppers (if you like it with some heat). Now you have fried rice.  You can also add any meat or shrimp to the recipe.

alnilam
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:09 AM

leftover rice is pretty easy to use up, you can do a search for recipes using leftover rice. Some of my favorites is to make some in to spanish or mexican rice to accompany a meal or use the spanish or mexican rice to make rice tacos, my youngest daughter when she was little had them at a friends house and fell in love with them so I started making them for us once in a while and have to say I still love them, just use crunchy taco shells add the mexican or spanish rice, salsa, cheese, lettuce, tomato, avacado and sour cream, you can add refried beans or black beans in the taco or serve on the side I just love these :)

the last thing I did with leftover rice was to make rice pudding out of it something the whole family loves and is yummy hot or cold, hope this gives you some ideas ;)

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Tuna casserole

MamaJane
by Jane on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Ham fried rice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funkycat
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Add to home made soup. Can freeze and use with soup another time. Make fried rice or in Spanish rice or in tacos with beans and salsa and leftover chicken.(Re-heated rice is not that great, so it is best to use as an ingreedient that is wet in nature.)Also make batter for french toast, but use rice and fry like the french toast, and top with butter syrup or jam or powdered sugar.Also OK to usr some in tapioca with cinamon, of course!

wandep
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:32 AM

That sounds yummy.

Quoting MamaJane:

Ham fried rice.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)