Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 6: Clean Out Your Closet!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 94 Replies

So many moms keep clothes in their closet that are old and out of style with what they currently wear. Today's challenge is to clean out your closet! Go through your closet and get rid of what you don't need. Clear out the old unworn items to make room for new fall trends!

What's the oldest item in your closet? When was the last time you cleaned out your closet? 

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

I go through it regularly.

PEEK05
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:39 PM

In fact, I have a box on top of my son's dresser of my clothes and his clothes ready to find a new home lol.

AzariahsMother
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My Christening gown from when I was a baby.  Other wise it would be my wedding dress. 

mommyto3bees
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Hmm a few shirts from high school/teen years
tuppermom1
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:41 PM

The oldest thing in my closet is a jacket.  It is 10 years old.  I usually go thru my closet every 6 months.  Purging what has not been worn in a year or is too small/big.  and rebuilding on what is left.

Michele Puccini
Lilla Rose
http://www.lillarose.biz/michelep

have a nice day

Shansmommy
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Surprisingly, I've actually done it within 6 months.  Usually it's MAYBE once a year if not longer.  

othermom
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

The oldest thing in my closet are a table cloth and two candle holders from my great grandma. I sort of cleaned the closet a few months ago, but it needs it again. There ar so many things in there

ack86
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM
I'm actually working on that a lot lately. We will be moving soon, so I've been going through everyone's closets and only keeping/packing what we need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WheelerWife
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM

I have lots of old clothes. I hate buying stuff for myself so I make my clothes last until they are falling apart and even then I have trouble throwing them away. :(

NoShame116
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:48 PM
The oldest thing I have in my closet is from college, 16 years ago. I guess I need to go through my closet again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN