Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Feel like my world is wrapped around cleaning

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM
  • 12 Replies

I do not have O.C.D. and cleaning does not come easy to me. I feel as My work is never done, I have a 6month old, a 2 year old, and a 9 year old and I feel like I am constantly spot cleaning and laundry,dishes, sweeping mopping and vacuuming.  Being a mom messes come around every corner. Please, do you feel like this? and is there an easier way?  I cant have a dirty house.  I cant relax if the house is left mess and If i don't keep up it just piles up and I get behind, which is more work and stressed. I just feel overwhelmed sometimes sigh........

by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Oct. 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM
It's motherhood...lol I don't say that to be mean. One day they'll be big and you'll have a clean house. Enjoy them!
Of course, I DO have severe OCD and all of that is easier said than done, but its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yes I feel like that. Most days you just truck along but sometimes you stop and think "why am I doing this over and over" keeping with a schedule helps me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
woliung8153
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:06 PM
Yes I know just how you are feeling. I love flylady it has helped a lot. I don't follow her to a t but it has helped me come up with my own routine. Saturday & Sunday I just do light pick up in all the rooms, wash a load of laundry, wash all the dishes after each meal, make sure to wipe down kitchen surfaces. Monday I deep clean the entry way, play room, and hallway. Plus what I do on sat & sun. Tuesday I deep clean my sons room and the kids bathroom. Wednesday I deep clean the kitchen and laundry room. Thursday I deep clean the living room and dining room. Friday I deep clean my room, my bathroom, and the front porch. Each day I also do what I do on Saturday & Sunday. It works for me though. I also spot vacuum, sweep, and mop through out the week. Hope this helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I've noticed that the less I have in the house the easier it is to clean. I may have to do it more but its not overwhelming. I make sure my kids (10,7,4) do their part by picking up whatever they left lying around etc. The earlier they learn, the easier it is for you. Cleaning sucks but its a necessary evil.

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I use flylady as well and also don't follow her to a t. I have two kids ages 6 & 9 years old. We are always on the go with activities. I can't stand for it the house to be messy all the time. This year we have activities Monday - Wednesday so those days are usually too busy for me to clean. I try to do everything on Thursday & Friday. Then do basic pick up on Saturday and Sunday. I also try to do a load of laundry a day..sometimes it is more than that. Or I wait till the weekend and do it....and yes, cleaning is never done! :)

wandep
by Pam on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Now this is nice. I might have to try it your way. I like how you have divided it all up in rooms and days. Thanks.

Quoting woliung8153:

Yes I know just how you are feeling. I love flylady it has helped a lot. I don't follow her to a t but it has helped me come up with my own routine. Saturday & Sunday I just do light pick up in all the rooms, wash a load of laundry, wash all the dishes after each meal, make sure to wipe down kitchen surfaces. Monday I deep clean the entry way, play room, and hallway. Plus what I do on sat & sun. Tuesday I deep clean my sons room and the kids bathroom. Wednesday I deep clean the kitchen and laundry room. Thursday I deep clean the living room and dining room. Friday I deep clean my room, my bathroom, and the front porch. Each day I also do what I do on Saturday & Sunday. It works for me though. I also spot vacuum, sweep, and mop through out the week. Hope this helps.

LuvUSoMuch
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Yes, I absolutely do feel that way, but for a short time about a year ago, I lived alone. That meant my house was wonderfully neat - always. And it was lonely. After a while, I was like - big deal - my house is clean. 

Now my mother, my 21 year old daughter and my 2 year old grandson live with me. I keep it as neat and clean as I can. It is lived in and active and I am loving every moment I have with them. 

My point - try to relax and enjoy your family. :)

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM

The 9 year old should be handling their own cleaning-  keeping the bedroom clean, changing the bed, helping with cooking and dishes.  Even laundry really, but I like doing laundry to never encouraged the kids to do it. Other than that, it is part of the life of a mom- the constant cleaning. The kids will be grown up before you know, so bear with it.

epilepsymom
by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:14 AM

I LOVE Fly lady. I have adapted her routines to what works for us.. I have morning routines evening routines, and bed time routines.. It all works well..

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM

I feel that way too sometimes. And I am OCD slightly. Oh well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)