Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 13: Family Cleaning

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
  • 71 Replies
2 moms liked this

A family that cleans together gets a clean house faster! Today's challenge is to clean the house as a family.

The adults can take care of the tougher things and the kids can help out with things like the dishes, sorting laundry, and picking up their rooms.  Cleaning as a family is a great way to work together and it has the added benefit of splitting up the household duties so one person isn't doing most of the work!

doing laundrywashing dishessweeping

Who does most of the cleaning and laundry in your home? Do your kids have chores?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 16, 2012 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM

i do most , kids clean up after themselves

Hottmomma607
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Yes they have chores! Everyone does their part! Including DH! He does stuff like I never wanna do like clean out the storage closets! LOL

Dardenella
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:54 AM

My kids are grown but the did have chores.  They traded days on which certain things were done.  Frome the bathroom to the kitchen  to the yard.  When they were older they were responsible for their clothing as well.

Millertime77
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I typically do the indoor cleaning and the hubby does the outdoor stuff-mowing the lawn, etc.  but he does his own  laundry, I do mine and our son's.  He also does the dishes (not well, but he does them). So I guess we split the chores pretty equally.  Our 24 mo. old will pick up his books and toys and plays with his kiddie vacuum.  When it comes to serious cleaning-that is all me! the hubby tends to rush through things and doesn't do as thorough a job as I'd like.

Janet
1 mom liked this

I do most of it. The kids do help, well one does. Getting the other one to do anything is like pulling teeth!

PEEK05

I do most of the cleaning and my oldest helps me.  She has no specific chores because she helps me clean whatever room I'm currently cleaning.

othermom

I do all the laundry and most of the cleaning. My husband helps occasionally. The kids clean their rooms, pick up toys in the living room, and help sweep

PhyllisGB
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I do most -- DH takes care of lawn, garden, cars (and used to shovel snow & care for the dog we had).  He pitches in with shower stall cleaning.  DD was my go-to person for filing and also folding clothes.  She's away at college now.

DH does a little laundry but I prefer that he doesn't.  LOL!

summerbear
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:16 AM
I do most of the laundry and cleaning. My oldest has chores, but it is so hard to get her to do them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cowgirls10181
by on Oct. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Me me me!! Oh wait hubby did dishes yesterday, and helped with laundry!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)