Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 17: Declutter Your Home

Posted by   + Show Post

When you have kids sometimes having a clean house seems like an uphill battle. Little pockets of stuff seem to collect all over the place! Today's challenge is to declutter - or at least hide it better!

Try adding decorative baskets or shelving to hide clutter in your house. Put toys or books in bins that can be hidden in a closet when they are not being used.

sweeping

What's the most cluttered area in your house? Share your tips for keeping your house organized.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Jenn8604
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I like these ideas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
OpalB
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Probably the kids rooms, I am solving the problem by creating the second half of the family room into a play room. This way I am removing the toys from there room and organizing it in a way that makes them neat as well as putting them all in one place encouraging them to play together. I am putting up some portable cabinets for things like lego sets, games, doll cloths, those little items that tend to get seperated and add to clutter. (the first half I have created into a sewing/work room for me since I make jewelry and sew for my own business and need space to do so)

frankiesma530
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:49 AM
Our coffee table and end tables are the most cluttered. There are mail and bills everywhere. I think a simple basket will do since it worked for all my hair items.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:55 AM

My closet is the most cluttered area. I toss things I buy for Christmas gifts in there, and this time of year it is getting overwhelming.  My best tip is to invite company over, it makes you clean your house, although it won't help with closets, especially if you tuck the stuff in those.

aMarieT
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:02 AM

the coffee table in the living room and the kitchen table

buth end up being a catch-all for the endless amounts of papers that the kids bring home

letstalk747
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM
my closets , i already do this
Shalavee
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

My attic is attrocious. After I'm finished with a project, I "outta site, outta mind " it up there. And then I'm doomed to spend several hours a year reorganizing it. I've decided I need about a dozen bins and photo booklets attached to each to show what's inside to truly organize it.Smacks of more effort than I'm feeling the love for, though.

My Tip would be to stop and think about what area you actually use things in and move it there. I switched my flour bin to another counter yesterday because I realized I was always walking three steps to retrieve and to return it there.

Hottmomma607
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Our closet in the family room! Very scary!
babynurse454
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Im actually pretty clutter free in our home,except my CRAFT ROOM! Im actually working on that this week. My dh hates any type of clutter, I try to keep things organized and in it's place. It is up to our 10 year old dd to take care of her room,which isn't always the easiest... ,I like being organized :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommyto3bees
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Hmmm bedroom or kitchen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)