Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 17: Declutter Your Home

Posted by   + Show Post

When you have kids sometimes having a clean house seems like an uphill battle. Little pockets of stuff seem to collect all over the place! Today's challenge is to declutter - or at least hide it better!

Try adding decorative baskets or shelving to hide clutter in your house. Put toys or books in bins that can be hidden in a closet when they are not being used.

sweeping

What's the most cluttered area in your house? Share your tips for keeping your house organized.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
the4mutts
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:27 PM
We just re-organized last week. I got milk-crates, painted them, attached them to eachother, and put them in my kids' closets, *attached to the wall* for organizing their toys. We now have NO toy boxes, and the kids have more floor space. We also donated some of their tos. Their rooms were the most cluttered, but not anymore! Next I will be organizingmy kitchen cabinets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerbear
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 12:37 PM
The bedroom is the worst right now. We just installed closet organizers and everything is everywhere! I need to get over this lazy early pregnancy funk and get it done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Where my DH sits when he comes in with the mail, etc. I've put a basket there, but he doesn't use it. ugh!

lynettemommie4
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM

my room. we just moved here in august. i lost a lot of closet space so trying to figure out how to work around that. most of my house is organized though.

la_bella_vita
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I'm constantly decluttering. Right now, I do not have any areas to declutter

stephwordelman1
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 2:53 PM

my kitchen lol. 

Aurorasmom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 4:05 PM

the least organized...the office LOL!

BaBa1123
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Yes I too went to Ikea and bought shelves with bins and labeled each bin for legos, trucks, cars etc.  Even have a book shelf for all the books they read.  However everytime I go to the family room everything is on the floor.  They love to put the legos together and take them apart and they make other things with them and it is in every single room even the bathrooms!  But at the end of the day things do have their home place so yea it was a good idea to get the book shelves and the shelves with the bins because we all need to hide our stuff.

kerryket
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I need to de-clutter and donate.

robyann
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I'd have to say the most clutered room in my house would be the living room. Not sure why but everyone in the house, brings there things in here and leaves them! I am a bit OCD about organization, so it totally stresses me out. I did get some organizing done today, I packed away all the summer clothes, took out the winter clothes, washed them and put them away. I also re-organized my dd's closet, she seems to forget there is a rack to hang clothes on in there, she thinks it's just place to pile stuff lol. I normally have my house pretty organized, but it gets hard when too many people act like hoarders! NO HOARDING ALLOWED!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)