Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 17: Declutter Your Home

Posted by   + Show Post

When you have kids sometimes having a clean house seems like an uphill battle. Little pockets of stuff seem to collect all over the place! Today's challenge is to declutter - or at least hide it better!

Try adding decorative baskets or shelving to hide clutter in your house. Put toys or books in bins that can be hidden in a closet when they are not being used.

sweeping

What's the most cluttered area in your house? Share your tips for keeping your house organized.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (41-50):
pampire
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Living room.  As we pack (I mean I) to move I am weeding stuff out.  Clutter happens more easily when you have too much stuff.

I've made the most progress weeding out stuff from my wardrobe.  The next is kitchen stuff.  These are the two areas where SO has the least input.

givenshl
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I don't like clutter, it makes me feel like my space is being invaded. All items have to fit in a spacce that is unseen if not in use.
blondepegasus
by Member on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Bmat:

My closet is the most cluttered area. I toss things I buy for Christmas gifts in there, and this time of year it is getting overwhelming.  My best tip is to invite company over, it makes you clean your house, although it won't help with closets, especially if you tuck the stuff in those.

I completely agree with this tip! Impending company helps whip my house into shape every time...LOL

kirbymom
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:54 PM

My bedroom is the most cluttered and it needs a serious clean and an extreme de-clutter! Hoyly cow but it really is the catch all for everyone of us. lol My hubby even re-make the computers in there and leaves the parts laying all over.  *sighs*  :)

kgalvano
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:01 PM

my room and the garage.

MamaBear2cubs
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM

The dining room table lol. I try to declutter daily because everything just gets piled.

skippette14
by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 10:47 PM
We are working on getting rid of clutter. Trying to sell my sons crib, so we can move toys out of living room to their room. My younger DS is now capable of walking up and down stairs without help, so upstairs they will go :)
jat08167
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:13 AM
The toy room.
shishie
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I just have to unload a lot of things here.

MooNFaeRie30
by on Oct. 24, 2012 at 5:22 AM

we bought a bunch of bins so they can stack against one wall in the kids room and they hav a 3 ties shelf of them in the living room. it usualy helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)