Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Restyle Your Life Challenge Day 17: Declutter Your Home

Posted by   + Show Post

When you have kids sometimes having a clean house seems like an uphill battle. Little pockets of stuff seem to collect all over the place! Today's challenge is to declutter - or at least hide it better!

Try adding decorative baskets or shelving to hide clutter in your house. Put toys or books in bins that can be hidden in a closet when they are not being used.

sweeping

What's the most cluttered area in your house? Share your tips for keeping your house organized.

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. If you haven't signed up for the Restyle Your Life Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Oct. 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Replies (61-65):
MomofBoys838
by on Oct. 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Mostly it's clothes that are clean and just haven't made it into closets yet.  Also, the kitchen bar/counter collects clutter all the time.

ladybugMarie

Sewsofun
by Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Our dining area is the worst. It has things stacked up by the "buffet" my sons school stuff and activity books. I would love to keep those in his room but last time I let him color in his room he colored ALL over his carpet with crayons. I want all my surfaces to be clear but our place is just too small. Somehow no matter how many times I pare down declutter and organize it doesn't make a difference. Now were going to start Christmas shopping, more stuff!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamisAngels
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Thankfully I've been able to reduce and control the clutter over the past few years. The most is probably papers that my husband keeps, stuff that comes in the mail, etc. but even for that I have a designated basket to put it in. At the end of the month I have him go through and toss what he doesn't need and file the rest.
mmeredith
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I always buy bulk toliet paper at Sams Club, but we have a very small bathroom. It has a small area under the sink for some storage space but that's all. I hate my toliet paper just stacked up on the floor. What do you all suggest? & my hall closet is pretty much worthless. It's big enough for our towels and our few extra sheets.

minimalist_mom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I am right on board with you here! I've been working to declutter my home lately, working on clothing at the moment.

One thing we've decided to is if one item comes in another goes out. Seems to be working great for us! Definitely has you thinking about something when you go to buy it "what would I get rid of in order to bring this in?" I've stopped many splurge purchases this way.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

Denise
The mother of the duo @ Minimalism Is Simple

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)