Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Cleaning Advise on Newly Remodeled Kitchen

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM
  • 14 Replies

I just recently had my whole kitchen gutted and remodeled. I am very excited about it! The old kitchen was pretty bad. I'd like to know how to clean my stainless steel sink that is nonabrasive and also cleaning my Quartz countertops. I don't use anything with bleach in it because the countertop people said it's not a good idea. There are so many choices out there and I figured someone here might have some general advise on cleaning solutions. I want to take care of it the best that I can.

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenieceMojica
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM

BUMP!

Diana1827a
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Here's a before picture!

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:28 PM

I don't have stainless or stone in my kitchen so I'm not much help. I just wanted to say I love your kitchen! It looks like the cabinets we put in ours a few years ago. 

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:33 AM
Oh that's so nice! I'd use what they recommended. I use baking soda on my kitchen sink and every few weeks I put vinegar and baking soda together and clean out the drain. That also gives a good scrub in the sink.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:07 AM

I love your new kitchen.  For our granite countertops I use a spray that the counter guys gave me. I understand that Home depot also sells one. And I've seen wipes at bed bath and beyond.

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Wednesday at 1:30 PM
by Pam on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Love your kitchen...I have no idea on how to clean granite counter tops. I would do whatever they recommended.

minimalist_mom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM

That looks fantastic! Great job! My husband and I had a custom built kitchen when we built our house, wish we had opted for the nicer cabinets, they probably would have lasted a lot longer. Oh well. Absolutely love your countertops though!

I love Method products, especially their products meant for wood. Leaves a nice shine, very mild on the environment, and has a great smell. Methodhome.com has a list of their products.

Hope that helps! :)

Have a great day!

Denise
The mother of the duo @ Minimalism Is Simple

batjmom
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I have all stainless and I got a cleaner from Home depot that they use to clean stainless with.   I have granite so I'm not sure about Quartz.  I would ask at a showroom that sells it. Usually they have cleaning products to use on the displays.

The kitchen looks great!  We just redid ours a few months ago too

blondepegasus
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM
I have granite counters and use a wet sponge for everyday clean-ups. Have never used a product except for sealing them once every couple of years. They still look like they did the day we put them in 10 years ago.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2four1978
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I use white vinegar on both my quartz counter tops and my stainless appliances. I've had both for 5 years and not problems with using the vinegar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)