Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Moving in 20 days, HELP!!!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, we (my hubby, me, our 3 boys, and another on the way) currently live in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house with basement. In 20 days, in order to save over $100 a month on rent, we are moving next door. To a smaller 3 bedroom 1 bath NO basement house. I have to do a massive declutter, pack, clean both houses, keep up with regular chores as well as keep up with the kids. To top it off, even though i'm almost 26 weeks along i still have little energy. In need of advice and motivation please!!! Thanks to all who read this.

by on Nov. 8, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wandep
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I would check out flylady.net she has some great tips on moving and decluttering. If it were me and I had time to go threw everything I would do it before we moved. Just take what you want to use when you move. Go thru room by room and box things up that way. Good luck!

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Nov. 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree, I go one room at a time and pack everything we don't need for a short time and donate or toss stuff we aren't keeping. Label really well!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
epilepsymom
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Great advice so far.. Check out fly lady..

Plus do one room at a time.. With each item you find askyour self questions.. Do I use this? Have I used this in the past year? Do I see a potential use for this coming up? If the answer is NO to those quetions you donate it or trash it.. Best of luck

woliung8153
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Everything I wanted to say these 3 wonderful ladies already did. Definitely take their advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 9, 2012 at 8:18 AM
3 moms liked this
What everyone said plus I'd make a list of what you want to get accomplished that day. There's just something hugely motivating about checking off a list
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mom2BandCJ
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Gwen, try to eat some protein at each meal to give you an energy boost all day long.  Also watch your carbs, they give you an immediate boost but you often feel tired about 30 - 45 minutes later.

lynettemommie4
by on Nov. 9, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I just moved. We have four kids and I work fulltime. For two weeks my hubby moved and we stayed behind. I started packing room by room. going thru closets first and stuff we didn't use on a regular basis. I got rid of a lot of stuff as i went. If we hadn't touched it in awhile, i got rid of it. if the kids didn't play with it i got rid of it. once the closets were done, i just started packing stuff that we used and left the boxes open. I didn't want to be packing at the last minute since i was still working. Didn't take me long to unpack though. I took my vacation and had it done in two days. Hehe even though I still have boxes packed. I don't have any place to store books and knick knacks yet. good luck.

JansRainbow
by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I moved in June from my dad's house(he is in assisted living) to my own apartment. I had to down size, give a lot away, Do one room at a time. Sort through everything, decide what you want to keep, that you use and don't use. Mark on the packed boxes what room they go it. Or give each box a number and keep a list of what's in each box. This is good when boxing things that go in different rooms. Moving is very stressful. Make sure you are eating properly and get plenty of sleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN