Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

This is actually seeming to work for me, so I'm sharing it with you all.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
I suck at cleaning, mostly because I procrastinate horribly. Today is even worse because it's raining, and I'm apparently allergic to rain, so my nose keeps running. A perfect example is that I'm supposed to be cleaning now, but instead I'm posting here. After I post this link, I'm forcing myself to go clean. Wish me luck.

http://www.simpleorganizedliving.com/2010/09/07/10-steps-to-a-clean-home/
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
boshs1andonly
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing! I do something similar. when things are really bad I tell myself, I'll do trash, laundry and dishes (since I know exactly what to do with those things) then things will look that much better. then once i get started i just keep going lol

BigSandyMom
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM

I'm trying to do FlyLady again. Except on a slower pace as to not get so overwhelmed like I have any other time that I've tried FlyLady.  I got the bed made this morning.  Laundry is going.  And I'm actually dressed nice with my hair and makeup done.  Which I never normally do unless I'm going somewhere.  Crossing fingers that this time, I can make FlyLady work!

LindaClement
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:27 PM

great list! Thanks for sharing!

gmadiane
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

lol, good luck

pixieandco
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:40 PM
Quoting BigSandyMom:

I'm trying to do FlyLady again. Except on a slower pace as to not get so overwhelmed like I have any other time that I've tried FlyLady.  I got the bed made this morning.  Laundry is going.  And I'm actually dressed nice with my hair and makeup done.  Which I never normally do unless I'm going somewhere.  Crossing fingers that this time, I can make FlyLady work!

you have no idea how many times i started over and failed over 7 years lol this time around its sticking im literally decluttering first thats allready making a big diference then im on week 4 of shinning sinks and lacing shoes im not moving on from there until i get those broken in.
so far im proud just the clutter and extra stuff is making a big deal of cleanliness appearance and i love it.
i have my 5 sections divided by days f the week to declutter my car is on sunday night as were taking out the trash thats when i go grocery shopping after church and it binds wonderfully.

to not bore you i think anyone can do baby steps even after the seventh year of try try again.
MamaDearie
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Love it! Thanks so much for sharing! I have been going through this whole procrastination unmotivated thing lately (and this is the absolute worst time to do that with Christmas rapidly approaching). This might just work to spur me into action!

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." (Lin Yutang)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)