Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

My holiday time checklist/countdown! UPDATE :)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have soooo much to do before Thanksgiving and Christmas come around (aside from decorating).... Here's my list:

Living Room: Buy new pillows for the sofas(Love my new pillows!) Buy new rug
Kitchen: Organize all cabinets (just got a bunch of new pots and pans)( I didn't realize how much space I actually had!)-Buy new plates-Find some sort of decor for a large blank wall above stove 
Master Bedroom: Buy new bedding(Ordered: Should arrive by the weekend :) Buy new decorative pillows-Buy 3 large vases-Pack away summer clothes and unpack winter items-Organize closet-Buy a linen chest for blankets-Buy new candles. 
DDs Room: Hang shelving, Clean out toys, old clothes, organize closet for winter items
DSs Room: Just did over weekend :) CHECK!
Dining Room: But new dining set.
Bathroom: Possibly paint- New towels for both holidays (Ordered :) 

I'm sure there is plenty more that I may add later.... Wish me luck! 

What is your holiday/winter checklist?

Update: Just crossing off my list :) I also started my holiday crafting :) Yay! 

by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darci16
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Yes good luck! I am kinda making a list myself, if I ever get it done I will try and list it. The past couple of days my back has been out, so of course I will have plenty of cleaning to do when I get to moving around better. I do want things to be more peaceful for the holidays around here :)

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2012 at 2:48 PM

I don't really have a check list. All our shopping is done and I have all the presents wrapped in the basement. My husband hung the christmas lights over the weekend and the house is pretty much ready for all the holiday events that take place here. 

On a side note that's a lot of stuff you have to shop for and buy for your house. Did you move recently and setting up house still a work in progress?

mitchiesgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I've been in this house a year and a half... There have been items I've been wanting to get but haven't had the time so I added those to my list... I also want to update things before we have family over for the holidays. Also the towels and little accessories I buy almost every year to match whatever style I am doing for the holidays. I want to hang our lights already but we are going to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to do all that. 

Quoting Caitlin411:

I don't really have a check list. All our shopping is done and I have all the presents wrapped in the basement. My husband hung the christmas lights over the weekend and the house is pretty much ready for all the holiday events that take place here. 

On a side note that's a lot of stuff you have to shop for and buy for your house. Did you move recently and setting up house still a work in progress?

LindaClement
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM

File my corporate taxes

Complete my online course for beta testing

Shop for Christmas

Christmas baking

Party invitations

gmadiane
by on Nov. 12, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I have a lot to do also, good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN