Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

do you have a cleaning schedule?

Posted by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
Or do you just wing it?

If you have a schedule please share it. I need ideas. Thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsrobins2012
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I wash the dishes twice a day after breakfast then after supper, sweep the floors about 3times a day and wash the floors twice a week sometimes 3 depending on how the week goes, and I do my laundry on the weekends (saves on the hydro bill) and clean the bathroom thats a routine I have been doing for as long as I can remember and it does work for me with having 4 kids not always can the routine always be consistent cause sometimes I have to do stuff outside the home but you get the idea...

jsbuck
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:48 PM

The only things on a schedule for me are washing bedsheets every Saturday and cleaning bathrooms every Friday.  Everything else I just do as needed daily.  I try to wash one load of laundry a day and I run the dishwasher once a day, usually after dinner.

bloodytears1986
by Member on Nov. 14, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I'm tryng to start a schedule according to flylady. If you've never heard of it you should look it up its pretty good!

LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 14, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I just clean as I feel up for it.

epilepsymom
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are looking for a schedule for cleaning I suggest you check out Fly lady.. 

I follow her system.. So Yes I have a cleaning schedule, or routine

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I have a schedule but I've been lacking in that department lately.

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Get up!  Shower, dress, teeth.

Straighten room, wipe sink and toilet. Straighten game room, fold or put away any stray laundry.  Wake boys.

Start a load of laundry, switch, fold and put away

Unload dishwasher

Boys-dressed, breakfast, teeth, on the bus

Make coffee

Deal with any papers on the hutch

Wipe downstairs sink and toilet

Set out dinner

Courtney up-dressed, breakfast, teeth, any hair needs, and on the bus

Breakfast for me and the tiny tots and Coffee for me!

Put away food and dishes, wipe counters and table, sweep if necessary

Weekly chore-

School/craft for the boys

Toy room clean up

Fix lunch

Boys and I eat :)

Put away food and dishes, wipe counter and table, sweep if necessary

Get ready for nap (potty)

NAP

2:30-Boys and Ki home.  Snack and homework x3.

Outside Play

Fix dinner

Dinner

Put away food and dishes, wipe counters and table, sweep, ready coffee make for morning

Trash out if full

Check garden and water if necessary

Evening activities-

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I posted my daily.  I have 2 spots I add things into.  Where it says "weekly chore" I add what I'm doing that day.  I determine that by the day of the week.  On monday I pick a monthly kitchen chore, Tuesday I shop, Wed I do the living room and daycare room, Thursday is laundry room and downstairs bathroom, friday is bills, Sat is my bedroom and kitchen and the kids do their chores and rooms, Sun is the 2 full baths and game room.  I have a list of weekly chores for each room and a spot for 'pick a monthly chore'. Each week I pick a once a month chore.  This system makes things stay clean and keeps me knowing what's going on.  Up until 2 months ago I winged it.  I'm much happier with a schedule.  I get my charts from ChartJungle.com.

I also have a spot with night activities and I'd fill in any appointments, activites, etc. 

sarah.xo
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

I use google calendar (my table is synced with it) I have to schedule my life or I would lose my mind. I add things to the tasks list then add them to my calendar at a specif time of day. Some days it's gets a little wacky and thrown off course but as long as I get all things done on my list I'm happy.

JansRainbow
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Yes, I have certain things I do on certain day. Wash clothes on Mondays. Sheets on Fridays. Towels in between. Thursdays and Fridays I do the other cleaning. Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom. Includes moping the floors too. I live alone, with my dog.I was sick all last week with migraines so my schedule got all messed up. I was so sick I couldn't clean. Trying to get back on schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)