Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing
I use Tide Pods, I was wondering who else uses the Pods and how do you like the? I always use 2 in every wash, I do have a front loading machine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
sparkyco2
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

we have a top load machine and i use them all the time, i use one per load.

i like them because i don't have to buy the color safe bleach separate anymore, my DH drives truck for a living so sometimes his clothes come home really dirty/greasy.  i spray them with Shout and toss one pod in and they come out nice and clean.

i would however like them better if they came unscented.  What is with all these dumb scents they have out?  like i really want to smell like a rain forest or some flower......

sparkyco2
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:44 AM

could you please post  your recipe?????

i would love to try it but i am always unsure which recipe to try.... how good does your detergent work for your clothes, do they come out the same as if you used commercial detergent?  my husband can have some dirty/greasy clothes at times.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I make my own. I stopped using detergent in liquid form about 4 years ago and it's been amazing. Liquid is too messy!

sparkyco2
by Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:46 AM

what a nice picture!!!!!

Quoting mommaof3girls24:

Never tried them but I like purex liquid.

november117
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:47 AM
I use the Arm and Hammer versions of the Pods. They also have oxy clean in them. They smell amazing. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM
How do I use this in my HE front loading machine? Im very excited about making my own soap! THANK YOU :)

Quoting Caitlin411:

My husband works in the ag industry so he often comes home gross from spraying and going to farms. His clothes come out clean when I use it. After my first week of using this recipe it actually cleaned out my washer and all the soap scum in my front loader from tide is gone. I also don't do scented stuff that often and this smells nice without being overly powerful.

http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html?m=1

Quoting sparkyco2:

i would love to try it but i am always unsure which recipe to try.... how good does your detergent work for your clothes, do they come out the same as if you used commercial detergent?  my husband can have some dirty/greasy clothes at times.

Quoting Caitlin411:

I make my own. I stopped using detergent in liquid form about 4 years ago and it's been amazing. Liquid is too messy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artillwife01
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I make my own soap too and I've had lots of luck with it. I only use the washing soda, the borax, and the bar soap. I have 4 kids and their clothes come out better than the brand name. We also have sensitve skin and we don't have problems using it either.

sparkyco2
by Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM

THANKS SO MUCH!  this is the sort of recipe i have been searching for...... no cooking and little mess, i have seen so many with the word "glob" in it and i just often wondered just how messy it is but this sound GREAT.

THANKS FOR SHARING I AM EXCITED TO GIVE IT A TRY.....

Quoting Caitlin411:

My husband works in the ag industry so he often comes home gross from spraying and going to farms. His clothes come out clean when I use it. After my first week of using this recipe it actually cleaned out my washer and all the soap scum in my front loader from tide is gone. I also don't do scented stuff that often and this smells nice without being overly powerful.

http://beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com/2010/11/homemade-laundry-soap.html?m=1

Quoting sparkyco2:

Quoting Caitlin411:

babynurse454
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Im going to try making my soap with this recipe! I love white clothes and NO STAINS. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hudsonhawk
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Hi, if you have a water softner you don't need to put that much soap in!  I use All Free & Clear or Ology Free & Clear.  I don't know about pods ruining your machine but if you like them use them! 

iamsunflower
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 8:32 AM
I used them once, I didn't care for them not enough suds for me lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN