Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you clean with

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM
  • 24 Replies
When your kids get sick. I use vinegar water and put a little bit of rubbing alcohol in it. One of my friends started yelling at me one day because I didn't bleach it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't bleach anything. I don't do anything different when kids are sick I just do it more diligently and more often.
Megan11587
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I clean with vinegar all of the time. It's my favorite cleaning solution
PinkCamoTeamMud
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

same here!

Quoting Megan11587:

timslilangel
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
The only thing I bleach is the bathroom and kitchen but I will do that one time a week.

Quoting MamaJane:

I don't bleach anything. I don't do anything different when kids are sick I just do it more diligently and more often.
timslilangel
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:01 AM
Most of the time I use Mr clean with gain in it. One time a week I will clean everything in my house with vinegar water.

Quoting Megan11587:

MamaJane
by Jane on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I also do vinegar and water once a week. But I keep a spray bottle out for daily. I also like Clorox wipes. They are just so stinkin convenient

Quoting timslilangel:

Most of the time I use Mr clean with gain in it. One time a week I will clean everything in my house with vinegar water.

Quoting Megan11587:

timslilangel
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Ya I have some that I clean the stove and refrigerator with daily.

Quoting MamaJane:

I also do vinegar and water once a week. But I keep a spray bottle out for daily. I also like Clorox wipes. They are just so stinkin convenient

Quoting timslilangel:

Quoting Megan11587:

gmadiane
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I like bleach

funkycat
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

White vinegar is the best! I spray dowm my counters with it with a scrubby sponge. For the kitchen floor spills I have a spray bottle of 1 part water 2parts white vinegar 1 part lysol. I use the pine. I wipe down the toilet for a quick clean after the bathroom mirror with a wash rag and 70% rubbing alcohol. I have handy a small spray bottle of white vinegar with cassia bark oil. It knocks out any bad smell that might linger. I scrub my oven and ranger top with white vinegar and for the tough stuff like inside the oven, salt. For the range top i use baking soda with a damp cloth then wipe it off then a spritz of white vinegar to finish. In the wash white vinegar in the wash cycle.I use these all the time, sick times or not.

JansRainbow
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I clean with brands that I get at the Dollar store. Awesome is a great one, Cuts the grease and grime and other spots and stains. I am on a really tight budget. I get whatever I can at the Dollar store. Never use Vinegar before.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)