Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

kurby

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
What is everyones opinion on kurbys?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:29 PM

Is it bad I dont even know what that is?

Brittney1224
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Quoting 98765:

Is it bad i dont even know what that is?

Its the number 1 vacuum well its supposed to be its also a shampooer has many attachments including a pet groomer the suction is so much that u have to use an adjustment attachment or it'll rip the curtains right off

by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Oh, sounds good!! Sounds like something I would want!

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2012 at 5:08 PM
It's too expensive and I hate the shampoo part. The attachments don't get used because its a pain to change them out. I'll stick with my dyson :)
serendipitykdk
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:34 AM

I love my Kirby...I've had it for over 11 years and wouldn't trade it for anything (well, except the shark steam mop for my wood floors).  Kirby is the best and even though it was expensive, that was the one thing I went on a payment plan for when we bought our new house so that I would have the 'super sucker'!  They are worth the money!

Brittney1224
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Quoting serendipitykdk:

I love my Kirby...I've had it for over 11 years and wouldn't trade it for anything (well, except the shark steam mop for my wood floors).  Kirby is the best and even though it was expensive, that was the one thing I went on a payment plan for when we bought our new house so that I would have the 'super sucker'!  They are worth the money!

My SIL is selling them we are just waiting on all our paper work credit approval stuff to go threw I can't wait to use it but I also was wondering everyone elsewhere thoughts on them
funkycat
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I think the price is a bit too high, however they last forever! My nieghbor has her mom's from the mid 50's! They are a bit bulky but have incredible power. I wish I had one. They are worth re-conditioning if you are lucky enough to find one second hand. For lighter clean ups I have a midsized shop vacuum, and would recomend using it to bypass the attatchment change outof the Kirby if you find it too hard.

HeatherD1027
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I hated mine. It started losing suction and not picking up little things not long after I got it. By the time I got rid of it 2 or 3 years later it was just awful. Heavy, pain in the butt to mess with, biggest waste of money for me. And the hard floor attachment never picked up anything. But I know people that love them.
LivinDeadGurl
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I hate them. I think they are annoying.

sparkyco2
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 11:50 PM

i clean homes on the side for extra money and i had a lady that bought one for her home and I HATED IT SO MUCH!

it was very very heavy, i found it didn't pick up stuff any better than the less expensive ones at any other store, and the attachments were a real PAIN in the you know what......

my opinion.... i would have one if someone gave it to me.  i am so darn glad i didn't have to lug that thing up stairs if i would have had too i would have bought my own to bring with each time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)