Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever forgotten something important when packing for a trip?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am on vacation right now, and I think I actually did pretty well packing as lightly as possible and still having what I need for comfort.

Have you had any packing problems?

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timslilangel
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM

yes. when my oldest was little we was outing out of town (3 hour trip) to see some family and when we got there I was going to change her diaper and couldn't find the diapers. thank God the aunt had some.

lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:07 PM
I always make a list a few weeks ahead of time, and walk through the house to make sure. It has worked so far!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Luisa621
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Lol! Yeah a toothbrush once and underwear a separate time! Lol! Go me!

timslilangel
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Quoting lovemymarine18:

I always make a list a few weeks ahead of time, and walk through the house to make sure. It has worked so far!

I do this now

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I've never forgot something. One time I forgot to grab my shaver so I threw it in my purse thinking I'd throw it in the suitcase once we got on the road. I forgot about it and when I put my hand in to grab my wallet the next day I took the top of my finger off. I'm now very careful when I pack to follow my list and do it in an organized manner. It's been a smooth 2 years since I've changed my style!

MamaJane
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:20 AM
I'm very listy but things are still forgotten. It's inevitable in this house. One year I forgot hubby's swim trunks so now I make him pack for hisself. So there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
embrigmom
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM

The first time my hubby and I went camping we forgot pillows. Another time we forgot the pump for our air mattress. Now I make a check list and everything that we need goes on it and gets check off as we pack it.

Bmat
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no!  One time we ran out at my grandparents'- Grandma used a dishtowel until we coud get to a store. LOL

Quoting timslilangel:

yes. when my oldest was little we was outing out of town (3 hour trip) to see some family and when we got there I was going to change her diaper and couldn't find the diapers. thank God the aunt had some.

Bmat
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 10:46 PM

One time I left all of my hanging clothes behind. I was lucky that there was a mall not too far from where we were staying and I was able to assemble a couple outfits for not too much money.

schultzal
by on Dec. 16, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I went home for a visit one year (from NY to Indiana) and packed dresses and some skirts, but forgot to pack a single pair of jeans. Thankfully my mom and I are the same size. 

I've also gone on trips and forgotten pajamas, but that isn't nearly as big of a deal. I usually have something in my suitcase I can sleep in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)