Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So sick of my house being trashed

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
Every single day I do the same things throw a load of laundry in. gather dirty dishes. Start washing bottles and sippy cups. Straighten living room. Vacuum front rug. Sweep kitchen and.dining room. Etc. I can never have one.day of laying things just go before it looks like I county do anything. Ugh help ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amanda52007
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:15 AM
That's the way of the world.

Have you tried a cleaning schedule? Even a daily one?

Or music to help the cleaning go by faster?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJane
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Yeah that's pretty much how it is and I don't think anything is going to change it lol. It aggravates me the things that I just have to do every day to pick up after other people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xoPxo
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

i get tired too :( i finally said i am not going to kill myself over it and live life happy regardless, get what i can get done and that's the best i can do

....ClvrScn.
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I work full time, I'm at work now and my husband does as well. I feel like my home is always a mess! I would love to listen to music to make cleaning go faster, but my husband is always monoplozing the radio while I clean and he does nothing! I am so sick of my house being a mess! Then it's always dark outside by the time I get home, and I love natural light, so it pisses me off and discourages me from cleaning - I hate the color of my walls, but I am only here until May, so I'm not painting. I'm just frustrated.

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 4:39 PM

That's what my day consists of. It reminds me of the movie groundhog day where you just wakeup to the same day over and over again. I just keep doing it because I know it needs to be done but I swear I'm just turning into a robot as each day goes on.

I like to clean in the afternoon/evening the best because then everything is done for when I wake up in the morning and the kids and I can just spend time hanging out since there is nothing I need to be doing. Plus, it's still all clean and shiny for when my husband comes home without me doing the same things 100 times in a day. 

Legaltype
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Welcome to life (lol).

Legaltype
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Actually, here is what you do. You take that rest when you need it and if your house does happen to become cluttered - "IF" anybody says anything to you about it, hand them a cleaning rag, vacuum, or whatever and tell them if they don't like it then go clean it (lol).

Moms_Angels1960
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I think that's just the way life is .

Serenitymom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I'm a single mom of three, so I know how frustrating it is especially with little ones. My seven year old I have her help me out, she's smart so I got her to understand that she needs to help me at the very least pick up after herself on occation. My five year old though, I have to fight with her a little bit. Tonight I told her if she put her own laundry away I would give her one hersey kisses chocolate, and wa-la! She got it done. My son, who is three, is much harder, but I do his clothes as long as he sees his sisters doing it, then he will atleast put a few away before getting distracted. It takes practice and coordination with peers/spouses. Maybe ask your spouse to do a few things a week like take trash out, or on a certain day have the table cleared off or something small, especially if he's not used to cleaning.

lovedbymom
by Member on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:53 AM

It's like that at my house.....wonder what my family will do in Feb.... Hope the learn to help out by then. lmbo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)