Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda new and fruatrated

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
  • 10 Replies
I'm not new New here but I rarely ever post.

I've got 6 kids and they've been home for.the past 2 weeks for Christmas break. I just want to get my house back to normal and I feel extremely overwhelmed today. :'( no real point to this post just venting really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymarine18
by Sarah on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM
It's rough! Mine are not in school but my husband was off for two weeks and my house is chaos!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SeasonedMom414
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Get outside and take a walk. Go to the park. The kids and you need to play

Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:20 PM
That's how I was feeling. Having the older kids home has completely thrown me off the daily schedule the toddler and I have. I use her naptime to do floors and other chores that are just easier when no one else is around. With all the kids running through none of the deep cleaning has been accomplished and they're too loud for the youngest to get a nap in so she has been crabby for the last few weeks.

Today was their first day back at school and all I did was relax. My husband told me I should take one day of vacation for myself before I go back to normal. Tomorrow I will defeat this messy house!
momof4bzN2gz
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Today is their last day home. They start back tomorrow, I will bust out the deep cleaning and then Friday hubby and I have a lunch/movie date while their at school :)

Quoting Caitlin411:

That's how I was feeling. Having the older kids home has completely thrown me off the daily schedule the toddler and I have. I use her naptime to do floors and other chores that are just easier when no one else is around. With all the kids running through none of the deep cleaning has been accomplished and they're too loud for the youngest to get a nap in so she has been crabby for the last few weeks.

Today was their first day back at school and all I did was relax. My husband told me I should take one day of vacation for myself before I go back to normal. Tomorrow I will defeat this messy house!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreysmommy123
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I've been feeling, the, same way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin411
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! My husband and I are having date night on Friday as well. It's much needed adult time after pretty much being snowed in for the last two weeks with just a houseful of kids!

Quoting momof4bzN2gz:

Today is their last day home. They start back tomorrow, I will bust out the deep cleaning and then Friday hubby and I have a lunch/movie date while their at school :)

Quoting Caitlin411:

MamaJane
by Jane on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Breaks really throw me off. And I have 8 kids here. I never really caught up from the 2 week break in oct lol. We don't go back until this Monday but I've have several holidays off so that's helped me this time.

Anyway do take a rest for a bit and then dig back in.
Medusa686
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Hang in there.  My son went back to school yesterday but he is 12 so no big deal anymore. Schools will reopen soon. Once when he was around 3 years old I found myself to be very overwhelmed - yes by just 1 kid.  I actually gave myself a time out. I told him that I needed 15 minutes to myself. He played and I sat on my bedroom floor just meditating trying to calm myself down. It worked.  Sometimes you need to do that to keep from going crazy.  Or perhaps go outside and get some air if you can. 

momof4bzN2gz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I'm feeling a little better today...kids went back to school and I got quite a bit done today. I can't wait for lunch date eith my hubby tomorrow :) sea food restaurant and a movie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Breaks throw me off my schedule!!! I am finally in the process of getting things organized again to my liking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)