Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning stove burner's drip pan

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
  • 14 Replies
I got lazy and didnt clean it right away. It has burnt on food. What can I use to get that off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I use the self-cleaning cycle in the oven. You can use chemical oven cleaner, or put it into a sealed box for a couple of hours with a jar with 1/2 a cup of pure ammonia in it (open it outside with your face turned away...

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My stove is a Hotpoint!Yep a oldy so I line my drip pans with Aluminum Foil...I secretly wish the old oven would break like last year!

ZakkarysMom
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:29 PM
My stove is a Hotpoint too! I can do the foil after its clean. But how do I get that crud off?

Quoting johnny4ever:

My stove is a Hotpoint!Yep a oldy so I line my drip pans with Aluminum Foil...I secretly wish the old oven would break like last year!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksonsMomm08
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:28 PM

I would try some vinegar and a sponge.

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

My stove is a Hotpoint too! I can do the foil after its clean. But how do I get that crud off?

Quoting johnny4ever:

soak in hot water then I used a sos pad

mom2four1978
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

If none of those work you can put it in a ziplock bag with a teaspoon of ammonia and leave overnight. In the morning rinse and it will be like new. I do this with my drip pans and since I have a gas stove the burners too.

catrig
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM
pinterest has a lot of ideas
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LDavis33
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I know how you feel.  One of my burners had some crud on it at Xmas and the burner actually caught fire.  It was small and my BIL put it out right away, but I secretly wish he had waited just long enough to have ruined the stove so I could've got a new one. :)

Quoting johnny4ever:

cats911
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Put it in a pan of boiling water with baking soda.  Let it boil awile.  Take it out, let cool and scrub, re do as needed.  I used to do this with my iron skillet and stainless steel.

cats911
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:15 PM

If it is aluminum, you will ruin it with ammonia.

Quoting mom2four1978:

If none of those work you can put it in a ziplock bag with a teaspoon of ammonia and leave overnight. In the morning rinse and it will be like new. I do this with my drip pans and since I have a gas stove the burners too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)