Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Plea for help!! piog (please don't bash...my heart can't handle it right now)

Posted by   + Show Post

Child protective services just showed up at my doorstep.  They had my Dad come and take my kids.  They say I have 30 days to get my house presentable and my kids are not allowed to come home until I do.  If anyone lives near East Texas, I am calling for all the help I can get!  Please!  I have a couple of friends to help, but other than that I am on my own.  I have even been looking up housekeepers to come help me.  I am desperate!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
.KanaLee.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Go buy a large box of black yard bags... and start from the front door and start throwing out all the crap!

Toss all your dirty laundry in ONE pile... tomorrow start tackling that.

Don't stop until you pass out from exhaustion....

Remember why you are cleaning.... to get your children BACK!

You can do it!

kit_manson
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:53 PM
What i do... I get a black garbage bag and go through the house. If i don't love it enough to clean it, it goes in. Then after the garbage is gone, i wipe everything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Refurbished
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Just put one foot in front of the other.  You can do this. 

I've seen other ladies post pictures of each room and ask for advice on how to tackle it.  You've got to be brave, people will bash you.  Ignore those, and focus on the ones who give you step by step advice on how to fix it.  But above all, this is a fixable situation and you can do it. 

VintageWife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:50 PM
One step at a time and if you can't decide whether to keep it or not, it goes because your children are more important.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AimSnapHolz
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

How is it going, OP? Any updates?

bexsmum
by New Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Pick a room and just dig in,once you start and see the progress it will be easier. The whole house is the overwhelming part. Get laundry baskets or boxes and sort as you go through. Use this system garbage,keep donate.Do it for every room. We all collect and accumulate way too much stuff than what is really needed. Pack all the girls toys into a laundry or toybox get rid of stuff they don't use or is broken. Clutter is the worse thing because it makes a space look even worse than it really is. Use bins in the kitchen for thier bottles soothers bibs etc,if its all in one place it will be easier to use and not cluttering up the space.

Once you get it all cleaned and the girls are home, the thing is going to be keeping up with it. Make a list do something everyday thats a bigger chore,ie Monday do the bathroom Tuesday is the kitchen ect. What I have in the laundry room is 4 baskets whites lights darks and towels when the basket is full it goes in the machine. Sort it as it goes in the laundry makes it easier.

Once you can get yourself organized and out from the overwhelming pile you will find it mauch easier to keep up. You have incentive to get it done and get it done fast for your girls

Simply_Janeen
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this

(((HUGS))) Crazy how they can remove children for an unclean house but not for actual abuse (from my experience).

If you want, PM me your location. I have a relative in TX but I don't know exactly where but she's near DFW area. I could contact her and see if she can help at all. She does cleaning and organizing type stuff.

Tackle one room at a time. Have a set of boxes/bags: Trash, Donate, Wrong Room to start. Make sure garbage bags are different color from donate bags.

What are the big issues? Do you have mice/roaches? No judging, but I know how they can make cleaning your place even harder! Is it clutter? Are you a hoarder? Again, no judging (both of my parents were and I have to work on not being one myself). Is laundry your issue? It is for me because we don't have a washer/dryer in our place. Figure out what the big issue is that is keeping your place from being clean and work on that. (((HUGS))) Good luck!

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 AM

First thing to do is get trashbags adn throw everything you don't need away

0Glitter0
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Instead of taking peoples chldren the dang SS workers need to role up their sleeves, get out fromunder their desks and help Moms clean up. I bet if we go to their desks or even their homes it isnt spic and span. I get so sick on my stomach at those people. They need to have something in place to help not hurt people. This has happened to alot of people i know and i am going to contact the State Offices and petition something to be done like that, like a program to help moms clean up , i mean it is hard to do anything with kids in the house

ToYnyc
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

if you can afford it try the merry maids cleaning service in your area.                      http://www.merrymaids.com/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN