Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cleaning & Organizing Cleaning & Organizing

Organizing Binder!! A MUST READ!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 12 Replies
6 moms liked this

Hello my name is Lacey and I am new to this site, therefore I dont know much about it...I saw this group though and knew I had to join bc I am an organizng freak!! My Fiancee'  says that sometimes I take it over board but I dont think so hahaha.

ANYWAYS~~

I wanted to share my latest organizinational project:

I started with a typical binder (the size you use is up to you) and dividers..

I labeled 1 Finances, 1 Addresses and phone numbers/emergency contact sheet too, 1 Recipes to try, 1 Important information and the last 1 Random..

I did this to have everything that is very important in one place incase of an emergency, I can just grab it and go!

In the Important Information section I included My Fiancee's, my daughter and my birth certificates in protective plastic page inserts (I put everything in the binder in a plastic page cover to protect it and make sure it doesnt get ripped out!!) Also any medical information/recent records, my daughters shot records etc. by now you get the point. 

For finances I printed monthly calendars to keep track of when things are due and the amount of the bill. I use a highlighter to highlight the bill once it is paid, so I know and my Fiancee' (if he actually ever looks in  it) know that it has been paid and not forgotten.

Addresses and phone #'s is pretty self explainatory :) I printed the sheets out and also printed an Emergency Contact sheet..

Recipes also is self explanatory (although its not something "Important" its with the other stuff that I use and look at daily..

Finally the Random section is just that, anything of importance to me or for my family I put back there...although right now it just has DIY projects with the directions and lists of things needed for the project. 

This has been such a HUGE help in organizing the tons of random sheets of papers, bills, etc. on my desk. I thought I would share this so other Moms can try it out and see if this system works for them!! (You of course can label the sections anything you want to, its just the point of the binder Im sharing)

ENJOY!!!! If you have any questions feel free to ask me :) Have a Blessed day everyone!!!!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.KanaLee.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome.... It would be really nice if you could change your font to something a bit bigger and darker... I can barely read your post =-)

epilepsymom
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi

I actually have 3 binders going.. One is medical information on my daughter (She is special needs). The other is bills, etc. I have stamps envelopes etc in there.  The Third binder is my "fly lady" binder it has all my routines, lists, charts for keeping this place cleaned.. 

LindaClement
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I spend so much time online, it makes more sense for my organizational tools to be electronic.

I like Evernote, remember the milk, and my google calendar...

ldavis518
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Hey there sorry about the font issue! I changed it if you would like to go back and re read it :)

ldavis518
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I completely understand your point with everything being online now a days- the reason that I did this (as stated in the post) is if I need to grab the stuff in a hurry in the event of an evacuation or whatever, also needing hard copies like the birth certificates, shot records etc. However, I to have spread sheets and other online tools to help. This is something that I found on Pinterest and thought I would share with yall!! :-)

MamaJane
by Jane on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I like the finances. I'm always looking ways to better myself in that area.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Beatlemama
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I have a FlyLady binder, too!

Quoting epilepsymom:

Hi

I actually have 3 binders going.. One is medical information on my daughter (She is special needs). The other is bills, etc. I have stamps envelopes etc in there.  The Third binder is my "fly lady" binder it has all my routines, lists, charts for keeping this place cleaned.. 

INTEGRITYspeaks
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Definitely needed this... Thank you!!!!

blondepegasus
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Great information! I hope you keep copies of the birth certificates in the binder and the originals or certified ones that have to be paid for at the courthouse in a safe deposit box at the bank or a fireproof box at home. The idea of a grab and go is terrific but there's always the chance of a fire, etc. when you're not home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmama11212
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Love the idea!!! Definitely will use this for scrapbooking though not sure how im gonna make it work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)